Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error opening GCN games from USB HDD in WiiFlow

Error opening GCN games from USB HDD in WiiFlow

I have Dios Mios and WiiFlow, and a GCN rom on my USB HDD transferred using DM Toolbox. When I try to launch the game I get a message saying "If you are sure you want to copy this game to SD, click on Go." followed by a button labeled Go, as well as a Back button. I don't want to put the game on my SD, I want to be able to play right off the HDD. What do I do?

Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    Make sure you're using the latest revision of your USB Loader and the correct Dios Mios (DM = USB, DM Lite = SD). For all the info including links look for the Dios Mios Guide in the "other faqs, guides & tutorials" section

It turns out I wasn't on the latest WiiFlow, but if I update to 4.1 it stops recognizing my HDD! It asks me to select partition but it only lets me choose SD, I can't change it to USB.

VWA
    Is your HDD formatted as FAT32 with 32kb cluster size? And how many partitions does your HDD have?

Well it's formatted to FAT32 but how do I see what the cluster size is? I haven't created any partitions, so just 1, or 0, not sure what would be technically correct.

VWA
    I recommend looking at the Dios Mios guide and/or the WiiFlow guide. The only things I can come up with for it not recognizing your HDD is either your HDD is not properly formatted, you didn't do a fresh install of WiiFlow (ie delete all the config files and such) or maybe your HDD isn't plugged into the correct port.

I checked, and my HDD is formatted to FAT32 64kb cluster size. But if my HDD is formatted incorrectly, why was it working fine with WiiFlow 2.1?

WiiHacks Staff
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Cluster size doesn't matter for Wii games. Only for GameCube games when using Dios Mios (does Devolution have a limit on cluster size like DM does?)
    [spoiler=Click Below for recommended Links]
    Guides:

Download the latest:
    Latest Loaders CFG v70r65
    GX r1226
    WiiFlow 4.2.1
    Other downloads DM/DML 2.11
    [/spoiler]

I'll try out Devolution.

VWA
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer
    Cluster size doesn't matter for Wii games. Only for GameCube games when using Dios Mios (does Devolution have a limit on cluster size like DM does?)
    Yes, Devolution also requires 32kb clusters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast