A few questions before i buy a wii
So i am finally going to get myself a wii already brought GC controller + mem card and both models of classic controllers
Just wondering about a few things , with the soft mod, can we play gamecube images?
I read some models of wii can run DVD-R but lets just assume the model i get doesnt ,are there any apps that will let me play GC images from USB HDD?
I was thinking of maybe getting a Wode Jukebox for this if softmod unable to play GC images, is it possible to run soft mod with a Wode also?
Also can we still play online with softmod? and is it safe
Thanks help would be much appreciated, really looking forward to playing alot of games ive missed out on
Retired WiiHacks Staff
- Dios Mios - for gamecube loading from HDD.
- Only older Wii consoles (made prior to mid 2009) can read DVD-Rs.
- Yes you can run a softmod along with a hardmod, but why would you want to? No need for a hard mod, softmodding does everything you need really...
- Yes it is safe to play online.
- Make sure the Wii you get has the GC ports. Some newer consoles dont have them.
Make a post in the introduce yourself section of the site and someone will greet you with a bunch of helpful links.
1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post
Thanks alot for info! Dios Mios sounds great
Originally Posted by cjizzle
is there anyway of telling if the wii is made prior to mid 2009 like serial number or something, thanks again
1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post
Thanks, so what DVD drive chips will run DVD-R ?
The few that came up for my country are -