Thread: Playing NTSC games on PAL Wii with WODE (region patching to PAL does not work)

Playing NTSC games on PAL Wii with WODE (region patching to PAL does not work)

My Wii is PAL version (i am in europe) and is hardmodded with WODE.
    I want to play NTSC games, unfortunately my Wii System Menu version is 4.3E. WODE cannot play NTSC games with it.
    Games i want to play are: Excitebots: Trick Racing and NASCAR The Game: Inside Line
    These games are NTSC only, there is no PAL version. (Otherwise it would have been easy)
    I have .iso images of these games and what i have trying is patching it from NTSC to PAL with RegionFrii, WiigionFree and WiiPatcher.
    But that does not work, RegionFrii says "patched, gamecode mismatch" and i check .iso file with Wii Backup Fusion, it says "NTSC".
    What i think is that i need to change gamecode to try out but i did not find tools for this at internet.
    On other hand, programs i used are very old, from 2007/2008. Maybe does region patching not work anymore?
    Have anyone advice or help for me?
    Do i really need softmod my Wii to play NTSC games?

Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    Which program did you use to rip the discs? I recommend ripping them with CleanRip.

I did not rip disc, these games are not available in my region. I am in europe and cannot buy this games.
    I get .iso images obtained on another way.
    For Excitebots i have verify MD5 and SHA-1 checksum at bottom of this page, checksum did match.
    For NASCAR The Game: Inside Line are not checksum available yet.
    What i want is to patch NTSC games to PAL, but i think it is not possible anymore? (Why are patching programs very old? I want up-to-date programs)
    Softmodding is not my preference, but if else nothing can then i do it.

Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    Unfortunately for you if you didn't buy the games we cannot help you, because that is piracy which WiiHacks does not support.

All I can offer for advice is that you check eBay or amazon and see if you can import the retail discs. Thread closed.