Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: nand backup question

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    nand backup question

    are the bootmii folders in each backup universal to every wii or are they exclusive? for example lets say I backup 5 wiis... could i just copy the bootmii folder from the first wii into the other 4 wii backup folders while only transferring keeping the keys and nand files?

    for example:

    wii 1: bootmii folder (from wii 1 backup) keys (from wii 1 backup) and nand (from wii 1 backup)

    wii 2: bootmii folder (from wii 1 backup) keys (from wii 2 backup) and nand (from wii 2 backup)

    wii 3: bootmii folder (from wii 1 backup) keys (from wii 3 backup) and nand (from wii 3 backup)

    would that work or would the bootmii folder HAVE to be from/for the wii that was used for the backup?

  2. #2
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duomaxwell007 View Post
    are the bootmii folders in each backup universal to every wii or are they exclusive? for example lets say I backup 5 wiis... could i just copy the bootmii folder from the first wii into the other 4 wii backup folders while only transferring keeping the keys and nand files?

    for example:

    wii 1: bootmii folder (from wii 1 backup) keys (from wii 1 backup) and nand (from wii 1 backup)

    wii 2: bootmii folder (from wii 1 backup) keys (from wii 2 backup) and nand (from wii 2 backup)

    wii 3: bootmii folder (from wii 1 backup) keys (from wii 3 backup) and nand (from wii 3 backup)

    would that work or would the bootmii folder HAVE to be from/for the wii that was used for the backup?
    The BootMii folders are universal, I believe. It just has the BM executable in it (well, not just that. But I digress.). The nand.bin and keys.bin certainly aren't uuniversal, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    well while i wait for another person to confirm that i have another question.. i just did a NAND backup on a wii that required bootmii to install as IOS (newer black wii) and the backup has like 15-20 corrected pages.. now im used to seeing maybe 1-5.. but 15-20+? should i be worried?

  4. #4
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    2,249
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,026 Posts
    Really no need to confirm. What dni said is pretty well known information.
    as for correction pages, i have no idea what you Are talking about.

  5. #5
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    I think he's talking about bad blocks in the NAND.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    The nand.bin and keys.bin are unique to each Wii. Can not be directly used/wrote into another Wii.
    dni is perfectly correct !

  7. #7
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    2,249
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    I think he's talking about bad blocks in the NAND.
    Yes, that does seem to add up to make a few cents.
    @op, it is somewhere around the realm of about 80 something bad blocks, that can be had before it becomes an issue.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •