Thread: USB Loader Problem (num sector does not match)

USB Loader Problem (num sector does not match)

Hello (first time posting),

I have successfully installed homebrew channel, several emulators, and configurable USB loader to my wii without any problems. When I try to install a Wii game to my USB flash drive, the loader copies the game 100%, and then fails to play the game because "num sector does not match." I am formatted to FAT32.

Being frustrated with this, I copied my Twilight Princess to SD instead. It worked perfectly, and I am now able to play TP off of my SD card (FAT32) without a disk.

In your opinion, is my USB flash stick just a piece of crap? Or may I have formatted it wrong? I know that when I format the flash stick, I have many options for "Allocation Size." I don't know if this affects the process or not.

Thanks for your input.

was the sd card size capable to handle the "INSTALL" ?
    have you tried to made the usb flash drive wbfs-formatted to ease the "INSTALL" ?

My SD card was 2GB, so it must have been large enough.

As for the USB, I have not tried formatting as WBFS. I believed that with current technology, FAT32 was an okay way to go.

some Wii game files are larger than 2GB.
    FAT32 seems compatible for today's loaders. but why not give wbfs a try if the problem insists ?

I got another USB stick last night, and everything is working fine. The other USB stick I was using must just have been a piece of crap.