WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Blog Entries

WiiFlow v4.1

WiiFlow has been updated to v4.1. Some nice features and modifications have been added to this release as well as bufixes. But, the most positive change is the vWii support and the ability to load WiiFlow with the cIOS of your choice. (249, 250, etc.). We also have a new WiiFlow Forwarder. See below for full change log.

[SPOILER="Changelog"]
    Lets begin the new year with wiiflow 4.1
    This time you dont just get bugfixes, also some cool new features and
    modifcations are there
    At first, you have a new menu in the global settings, page 2, now you can set
    the cIOS load management directly in wiiflow, so if wiiflow runs better in a
    cIOS, just enable force cIOS load, or if you want the default cIOS 250 instead
    of 249, just set the force cIOS rev to 250 etc.
    Wiiflow will now also auto create a savegame on your wii, and yes, a normal
    savegame which you can see in the system menu, there we save our new cIOS stuff
    from now on, and in the future we will for sure move more into that since the
    NAND loading time is much shorter!
    Also, the credits button in the main coverflow is replaced by the help button
    (makes much more sense), and the help button in the home menu is replaced by a
    install game button.
    To the game installation, finally you can directly select the partition from now
    on where you want to install the game, no need to go into global settings
    anymore and set the partition there to something else
    Also we now have full vWii compatility, the forwarder is updated, using my new
    nand loader, and d2x works again, using my new installer and davebaols updated
    cIOS sources.
    The stupid shutdown bug should be fixed now lol, as well as all NAND emulation
    bugs from SD card. Most network init bugs should be fixed now too, if you still
    have some play around with the "async_network" option in your wiiflow.ini a bit,
    for some people its better with and for some better without.
    If you dont want to use the sd card to make debug logs may use the wifi gecko
    option, its much better and more detailed now in the debug output, even more
    than the sd card log! You can use the wifi gecko reader as always, see the
    readme in it.
    The categories menu is now also affected by parental lock, so nothing bad can
    happen there anymore. Also if you select a partition for a plugin, it will be
    saved specifically for that plugin, that means easier plugin partition
    management. Last may important point is wiiflow now can load homebrew dols and
    elfs up to 32mb, old limit was 16mb.
    I wont mention all the other cleanups, bugfixes and whatever done in this rev,
    but all that stuff should be reason enough to call it 4.1, have fun with this
    rev guys [/SPOILER]

Download WiiFlow 4.1
    Download WiiFlow Channel Installer v1.1

Google Code Page

2. 5 Users Say Thank You to Red_Gh0st For This Useful Post

Thanks
    good news !

Thanks
    I tired it and it didn't work for me. I got it installed and I got the channel installed as well but as soon as i lunched it , it just locked up my wii and the control turned off. Maybe im doing something wrong. I dont know. I just back to my old version of wiiflow I have been using for over a year now and it works fine. I would like to get this one to work. Im on 4.3u .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RamosXtreme
    I tired it and it didn't work for me. I got it installed and I got the channel installed as well but as soon as i lunched it , it just locked up my wii and the control turned off. Maybe im doing something wrong. I dont know. I just back to my old version of wiiflow I have been using for over a year now and it works fine. I would like to get this one to work. Im on 4.3u .
    Let's see a sysCheck.
    SM 4.1 (v499) - BootMii/IOS v1.5 - HBC 1.1.2 - Priiloader 0.8b6 - d2x v9(r49) - WiiFlow 4.1.1
    [SPOILER=Must read threads]Thinking About Hacking a Wii? Read This First.
    Brick Prevention
    Softmod ANY Wii (updated 03/30/2013)
    How To Run & Post A System Check[/SPOILER][SPOILER=Helpful threads]USB Compatibility List
    FAT32 Formatting
    WiiFlow Guide
    Troublesome Games And Their Solution
    Error Index[/SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

Thanks
    Here's a noob question, after I download it do I just place it in my apps folder in my sd, or is there a differant proccess

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by evelhorn View Post
    Here's a noob question, after I download it do I just place it in my apps folder in my sd, or is there a differant proccess
    You install it the same way you install any other app.
    SM 4.1 (v499) - BootMii/IOS v1.5 - HBC 1.1.2 - Priiloader 0.8b6 - d2x v9(r49) - WiiFlow 4.1.1
    Brick Prevention
    How To Run & Post A System Check[/SPOILER][SPOILER=Helpful threads]USB Compatibility List
    FAT32 Formatting
    WiiFlow Guide
    Error Index[/SPOILER]

Thanks
    yeah, I knew that but for some reason I was spacing out that day. sorry

Thanks
    I'm not a pro at these things or anything, but wouldn't cramming everything into the NAND would just hog the space? I'm not against making it load faster, but if you, for example, have loads of channels and other stuff on your Wii, there's a good chance you will not want to waste your NAND memory?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkepticalHippoh View Post
    I'm not a pro at these things or anything, but wouldn't cramming everything into the NAND would just hog the space? I'm not against making it load faster, but if you, for example, have loads of channels and other stuff on your Wii, there's a good chance you will not want to waste your NAND memory?
    Your NAND is your space, so yes. But I'm not exactly sure what this question has to do with WiiFlow.
    Brick Prevention
    FAT32 Formatting
    WiiFlow Guide
    Error Index[/SPOILER]

Thanks
    The new version of WiiFlow moved some stuff to the NAND for faster loading, that's what

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast