Thread: Unable to read disc, but loading from usb?

Unable to read disc, but loading from usb?

So I was playing just dance 3 & 4, and in mid game it came up as "unable to read disc" and another "reading disc". I am using usb loader from the soft mod guide here. My mario kart worked great all the way through until I stopped playing, and it just happens randomly on those games. How can I prevent those from coming up?

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Not exactly brimming full of information on a first post, huh? Clean or replace laser, make sure your softmod is up to date. Bad rip/re-rip. A whole plethora of intangible possibilities based on such limited info.

Just did the soft mod 2 days ago, I am loading it from the usb so, the laser doesn't do anything, I was able to play the game again after restarting it. I guess it could be the rip?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhillon2012
    Just did the soft mod 2 days ago, I am loading it from the usb so, the laser doesn't do anything, I was able to play the game again after restarting it. I guess it could be the rip?
    It's either a bad rip or something is wrong with the drive. Be sure it's plugged firmly into port0, not going to sleep, sufficiently powered, etc. etc.
    SM 4.1 (v499) - BootMii/IOS v1.5 - HBC 1.1.2 - Priiloader 0.8b6 - d2x v9(r49) - WiiFlow 4.1.1
    [SPOILER=Must read threads]Thinking About Hacking a Wii? Read This First.
    Brick Prevention
    Softmod ANY Wii (updated 03/30/2013)
    How To Run & Post A System Check[/SPOILER][SPOILER=Helpful threads]USB Compatibility List
    FAT32 Formatting
    WiiFlow Guide
    Troublesome Games And Their Solution
    Error Index[/SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.