Thread: When updating the shop channel using RVL-Shopping v21...

When updating the shop channel using RVL-Shopping v21...

I needed to update my softmod so I could backup newer games, so I followed MauiFrog's excellent guide which mentioned upgrading the shop and IOS. Now, I softmodded my Wii over 2 years ago, so I haven't updated ANYTHING but the cfgLoader since then. I figured I should run these updates as well, so I loaded them on my SD, and after installing the ModPack WADs, I started on the shop update. Here's where I hit a snag, the shop WAD starts to install fine, but right now it's at "Installing content #37..." and has been there for at least 40 mins. Now, has the process frozen or is this install gigantic? If it is frozen, how can I proceed? I don't want to just shut off my console because I don't want to risk messing up the process of the softmod.

Sure did; the checksum was a-ok! I did wind up turning off the Wii, so when i turned it back on it said that my system memory was full. I thought that might be the problem so i deleted some games I had bought from the Virtual Store years ago that I never play and freed up about 1000 blocks. Thinking that might be the problem, I tried installing the WAD again, and it froze in the same spot.

Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    Witch wad management program are you using and what IOS do you use for the install?

WiiLoad v3.2 and IOS 236

I meant WiiMod 3.2* sorry about that mix up. I'll give Multi-Mod Manager 13.4 a shot.