Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Usb Loader Problems

  1. #1

    Usb Loader Problems

    Tried making another thread but it got removed by a Moderator for no reason?

    I'm having trouble loading some of my backups on Wii. I'm going to assume (since I was never notified why) that the reason my last thread got removed because it contained links to images, so I won't add any links this time I guess and try to explain the problem.

    I'm trying to load my backups on Usb Loader GX,
    First 6 backups worked,
    After I loaded another one of my games, I get a black screen when trying to load and play the game,
    I have tried searching on Google for several hours but can't find a cause for this,

    - The region of the game is the same as my Wii
    - When played on the original disc the game works, but when playing the backup (which was created from the original disc) it only shows a black screen

    SysCheck

    [spoiler]sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).


    Region: NTSC-U
    System Menu 4.3U (v513)


    Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
    Hollywood v0x21
    Console ID:
    Boot2 v4
    Found 97 titles.
    Found 53 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stub.


    IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
    IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
    IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
    IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
    IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
    IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
    IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
    IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
    IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
    IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
    IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
    IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
    IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
    IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
    IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
    IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
    IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
    IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
    IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
    IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
    IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
    IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
    IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
    IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
    IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
    IOS245[37] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS246[38] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
    IOS247[53] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS248[55] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS251[58] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
    BC v6
    MIOS v10


    Report generated on 2012/12/26.
    [/spoiler]

    Any help would be appreciated. I'd try to add images so it could be better explained, but the thread would most likely get removed...

  2. #2
    nightstah
    Guest
    You have not followed the wiihacks guide. You do have cIOS, don't get me wrong --- but don't for cIOS 222, 223 (Hermes). The base of your other cIOS are correct in relation to what the WH guide would normally have. If you ripped SSBB with a broken cIOS (meaning older revisions where dual layer reading wasn't implemented correctly), that could be a cause for that particular backup. All others mentioned are single layer discs.

    You don't say what cIOS you're using, nor revision of loader, etc. Your links do not work as well (even manually copying like i48.tinypic/2qtxt77.png into a browser window). You don't say if this is disc-only or via USB. Lots of things left out --- but good of you to include a SysCheck.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,409
    The other thread was removed because it was the same as this one. Please do not make duplicate threads and posts, instead allow 24hrs for someone to respond and offer assistance.

  4. #4
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,952
    IOS 222, and 223 are stubbed. Maybe the games in question that aren't working
    are trying to load from those IOS. Or maybe your usb loaders load from those IOS.
    You can either change the IOS the game loads from to 249, update your loaders
    to revs that load from 249, or re-install IOS 222, and 223. I'd go with the later.



  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    You have not followed the wiihacks guide. You do have cIOS, don't get me wrong --- but don't for cIOS 222, 223 (Hermes). The base of your other cIOS are correct in relation to what the WH guide would normally have. If you ripped SSBB with a broken cIOS (meaning older revisions where dual layer reading wasn't implemented correctly), that could be a cause for that particular backup. All others mentioned are single layer discs.

    You don't say what cIOS you're using, nor revision of loader, etc. Your links do not work as well (even manually copying like i48.tinypic/2qtxt77.png into a browser window). You don't say if this is disc-only or via USB. Lots of things left out --- but good of you to include a SysCheck.
    Thanks for the help.

    I am using d2x v8 final.
    I'm on the latest loader for usb loader gx
    This is via usb, (original disc's work, just not loading on usb for any newer games I install, the first 5 work)

    Quote Originally Posted by bmarlo View Post
    IOS 222, and 223 are stubbed. Maybe the games in question that aren't working
    are trying to load from those IOS. Or maybe your usb loaders load from those IOS.
    You can either change the IOS the game loads from to 249, update your loaders
    to revs that load from 249, or re-install IOS 222, and 223. I'd go with the later.
    I know they are stubbed, but that is because I haven't installed them (since they aren't required for all games). I can understand Mario Galaxy, or SSBB not working. Those are fairly new, but there isn't a reason Link's Crossbow Training shouldn't work. I have also went to the settings and tried loading it with cIOS 249, and it still shows the black screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    The other thread was removed because it was the same as this one. Please do not make duplicate threads and posts, instead allow 24hrs for someone to respond and offer assistance.
    Oh sorry. The first thread was never approved, that is why I made the new one. I'm assuming it wasn't approved due to tinypic urls.
    Last edited by only19; 12-26-2012 at 07:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,952
    Try deleting the game, and re-ripping it from the original disc.



  7. #7
    nightstah
    Guest
    Saying you're using DX2 V8 final isn't answering the question. WHICH cIOS? WHICH base? That's like saying "my car's broke" over the phone to a stranger, followed by "what's wrong/fix it." It doesn't work that way...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Saying you're using DX2 V8 final isn't answering the question. WHICH cIOS? WHICH base? That's like saying "my car's broke" over the phone to a stranger, followed by "what's wrong/fix it." It doesn't work that way...

    cIOS 249 is what I am using, it was included in the d2x (v8 as a Wad) by Red Gh0st. I can't post any links, so I can't direct you there -.- ...


    I first installed cIOS 236, used it to install d2x, which installs cIOS 245 - 251. To play the games, I am using 249. I don't know how to explain it any better...

    None of them are stubbed, and 222/223 are not installed due to the fact that it is only needed for specific games.

    Bases are:
    cIOS245[37]-d2x-v8-final.wad
    cIOS246[38]-d2x-v8-final.wad
    cIOS247[53]-d2x-v8-final.wad
    cIOS248[55]-d2x-v8-final.wad
    cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final.wad
    cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final.wad
    cIOS251[58]-d2x-v8-final.wad
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarlo View Post
    Try deleting the game, and re-ripping it from the original disc.
    I have tried that twice with Mario Galaxy, and it still would give a black screen.
    Last edited by only19; 12-26-2012 at 08:09 PM.

  9. #9
    nightstah
    Guest
    So 249/base 56 would be the answer I was looking for. That certainly is encouraging, at least. You specifically selected that cIOS in the settings of USB Loader GX, correct? I know Nancy quite well (don't ask, you'll likely not make the reference) and am not needing the link. Bmarlo's post (#4) in this thread offers sound advice.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    You specifically selected that cIOS in the settings of USB Loader GX, correct?
    Yes I have tried doing that. And nothing.

    Also I don't know if this helps or not, but when I try running Link's Crossbow Training on Configurable USB Loader (instead of GX), I get the error

    [spoiler]wbfs error: not a wii disc

    [RZPE01] 0.35GB[*] Booting Wii game, please wait....

    IOS(249)
    IOS Reload: Blocked
    Returned! (ret = -1)

    Press any button to exit...[/spoiler]

    Keep in mind that it was installed from the original disc, and works using the disc channel. Just not with the loader.

    Also I will try installing Hermes 222/223 v4 and see if that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •