Thread: How T0 Rip Wii ISO from Disc via PC?

How T0 Rip Wii ISO from Disc via PC?

What's Up Guys,

I am familiar with how to rip a wii game disc on USB loader using my Wii. However, I would like to be able to did it from my PC.

Can I pop my wii game into my pc --> open WBFS or similar program --> Extract the file directly from the disc onto my PC, so I can then transfer the file to my Wii's external HD?

If not, are there any other options to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Search for Guide: Creating and Recording .ISO files.

Would like to link but I'm on my phone

Sent from my A75 using WiiHacks. Please excuse grammar and punctuation errors, if any.

Ripping a game on PC takes 2~3 hours, each.
    Installing a game into hard disk by usbLOADER takes 20~45 minutes.
    What would be your choice ?

Wow really? I wasn't aware it took that long.

one thing I did notice is the fluctuation of speed when ripping a game using the wii. While ripping marvel super hero squad for my son, there were periods where it was ripping quickly then it would slow down to a crawl. After about the 3rd hour it was only at 29% so I cancelled it.

Does anyone know why it does this?
    Last edited by toicy4ya; 12-12-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toicy4ya View Post
    Wow really? I wasn't aware it took that long.

one thing I did notice is the fluctuation of speed when ripping a game using the wii. While ripping marvel super hero squad for my son, there were periods where it was ripping quickly then it would slow down to a crawl. After about the 3rd hour it was only at 29% so I cancelled it.

Does anyone know why it does this?
    I noticed this only when my drive is almost completely full. Not sure what it's doing.
    SM 4.1 (v499) - BootMii/IOS v1.5 - HBC 1.1.2 - Priiloader 0.8b6 - d2x v9(r49) - WiiFlow 4.1.1
    [SPOILER=Must read threads]Thinking About Hacking a Wii? Read This First.
    Brick Prevention
    Softmod ANY Wii (updated 03/30/2013)
    How To Run & Post A System Check[/SPOILER][SPOILER=Helpful threads]USB Compatibility List
    FAT32 Formatting
    WiiFlow Guide
    Troublesome Games And Their Solution
    Error Index[/SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

I "INSTALLed" the Wii_Sports, for instance, using usbloader, it took 15 minutes to complete.
    It's a very simple game.

Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    I "INSTALLed" the Wii_Sports, for instance, using usbloader, it took 15 minutes to complete.
    It's a very simple game.
    I've heard the same about wii sports.

Run a windows disk check/cleanup on your external HDD - I had a problem ripping games to it at first (from the wii) - it would get stuck at a certain percent - but after I ran that...it was flawless. It takes a while, but it solved my issue.

Rawdump 2.1 rips the data for wii disk at an agonizingly slow rate it also saves the file as a full iso I.E. 4.7GB's this is not the size of the game it's self as most wbfs games don't come close to 3 GB's and there are even some that are only a few hundred MB's.

Rawdump was good for it's time but that time has long been forgotten.
    Now if some one came up with a new speeder method then by all means use it but wii+HDD+Usbloader is the fastest.

INSTALL all your games into USB hard disk, using the LOADER, until the DVD-ROM die !
    Get it ?