Thread: Basic information and USB Microphone issue

Question Basic information and USB Microphone issue

Hi Guys,

Found this site through google, and it looks great by the way, after spending many hours trying to find out why I can't get my microphones to work.

Heres the story so far...

I have recently had my wii hacked/modded whatever the correct terminology is, and that person wasn't all too clued up with what they were doing, and neither am I, however I do have homebrew, and configurable usb loader installed and working on the wii, along with a bunch of other games currently stored on a usb stick.

Great up to now, until I want the singing games to work - I now understand that you need to use the usb port on the back (the lower one) for the usb stick to work, but I also need both usb ports on the back for my microphones to work, or at least have the lower one free if I only want to use the 1 mic.

So, how do you get around this problem? I firstly thought of maybe buying a bigger SD card and having the singing games on that, but can I load usb configurable loader off my small SD card, then remove that and put in a larger one and expect the game to run?

I even bought a usb adaptor so I had 4 extra ports running off the 1 port in the wii, that didn't work.

I have tried loading the singing games off the different cIOS settings, 222 229 250 etc, some load the game some dont, none allow the mics to work.

I really hope someone has an answer for my microphone situation as my daughter is desperate to play on her singing games, I am unsure what version of homebrew I am running but all I know of the configurable loader is it says waninkoko cIOS 249 supported and hemes cIOS 223 223 supported.

Also, would burning a game onto disc be an option, I have read on here about burning the iso to disc, and using a dvd-r - but do they work off fairly new wii's? (approx 3 yr old)

I thank you for anyone who has spent the time to read this, I know I go on a bit but I am very very confused.

Thanks for letting me join such a wonderful web site.

Cheers

Dave
    Last edited by borolad; 12-05-2012 at 08:06 AM.

uh, maybe read here and use a compatible usb hub

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    uh, maybe read here and use a compatible usb hub
    Thanks Brian, and I do intend on upgrading my stick to a hub one day, the link explains to start the game on a certain cIOS setting, I have tried those, and still having problems, is there a way for me to free up both usb ports in the back of the wii so I can have my mics plugged in, as I currently only have the one free (the top one) could this be my problem?