Thread: Should I Update My Wii? Been away!

Thumbs up Should I Update My Wii? Been away!

I havent been into the wii softmod scene in at least a year or maybe two! I was wondering should I update my wii to the latest version and softmod it again? Or should I just update my IOS so I can play the new games out!

assuming you have the homebrew channel and previously softmodded with mauifrog's guide an ios update would be enough. if you have d2x v8 (which was out a year ago) you're pretty much up to date, although there is a v9 out, but I think it's still in beta. updating your loader would be a good idea (particularly wiiflow or usb loader gx).

either just update IOS/cIOS, or re-do the whole thing per Guide: Softmod Any Wii will be ok.
    However, the later is highly recommended.

Doesnt add anything and then you would need to downgrade to 4.2 or 4.1.
    Did it the downgrading with DOP-Mii.

thanks for the replies, I just turned my wii on and I am on 3.2U, sorry for the repost of a question due to the lack of information I had on my wii but should I update it to at least 4.1 or leave it where it is at? I do not remember what guide i followed when I first soft modded this.

Softmod any wii guide from start to end. Link in my sig below.

I agree. full softmod if the systems menu is that old

Quote Originally Posted by steven_gsxr View Post
    thanks for the replies, I just turned my wii on and I am on 3.2U, sorry for the repost of a question due to the lack of information I had on my wii but should I update it to at least 4.1 or leave it where it is at? I do not remember what guide i followed when I first soft modded this.
    either start you softmod fm 3.2u or from 4.1. it's your option. the detail was tabulated in Guide: Softmod Any Wii -- thread #1. didn't it ?