Thread: Neogamma says drive too new for DVD-Rs :-(

Neogamma says drive too new for DVD-Rs :-(

I just followed the "Softmod ANY Wii" guide on a wii that had previously been modded (and then updated through nintendo a year ago when we got skylanders for christmas).

Before that I could play backups on DVD-R fine, but now I'm told the drive is too new? I know for a fact that the drive was able to play them before. (My binder doesn't lie)

I'm currently on 4.3u. If I went back down to 4.1 (is that possible), would it still yell at me?

DATE: 20080714
    Last edited by theVDude; 11-21-2012 at 04:09 PM.

If it worked before it should still work, try different media or game. My wii plays dvd backups but I get that message sometimes. A hd is the way time go then you don't have to mess with dvds.

Best place on the net for all your wii needs

Useful Links,
    Click the Spoiler

I'll go through my binder of disks. Maybe it's time to just a burn a few new disks. I've been looking at getting an external HD just for my wii, i guess this will just get me to do it more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by theVDude View Post
    I'll go through my binder of disks. Maybe it's time to just a burn a few new disks. I've been looking at getting an external HD just for my wii, i guess this will just get me to do it more quickly.
    Surely, whatever will be, will be !