Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing -burned Import- Games on no modchip Wii

Playing -burned Import- Games on no modchip Wii

I have a US Wii. I know how to burn ntsc wii games and play those on my wii with the Backup Loader. However, I don't know how to play burned imported games on my wii. I know there is something called Free loader that plays import games/ there is software that emulates the Free loader, but I assume those games are the -original- import games, not burned import games.

I wanted to know if there's a way to play burned import games on my wii without using a modchip? If so, which software do I need to do this...like region changer..etc. Thanks if you can help!

its called Gecko OS

downgrade to 3.2
    install starfall
    enable region free

enjoy~!

But..I thought Gecko OS required a mod chip according to the tutorial? I quote:
    "Notes:
    - Gecko OS is not a backup loader, therefore a modchip is required.
    - The Homebrew Channel is not optional.
    - The 3.2 firmware is required when utilizing the rebooter functionality. "

thats why i told you to install Starfall =\ actually read my replies or i wont put in the effort

You said Gecko OS at the top of your response, I thought that was part of the process..but I now realize it's the answer to my first paragraph. Sorry for the confusion.

Random Comment: Starfall looks scary ;X

meh, its ezpz got to have confidence, or dont do it :3

no go

downgraded to 3.2, installed Starfall with region free enabled and gecko prompts I have no DVD inserted each time i try and load a burned Import. Any ideas?

Wiihack's Staff
    ~ ********* ~
    *UNDERSTAFFED*ONLY MK Contestants & ***** Supporters can PM MODS
    if u pm me for help...
    you better be a ***** donator

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy11 View Post
    downgraded to 3.2, installed Starfall with region free enabled and gecko prompts I have no DVD inserted each time i try and load a burned Import. Any ideas?

Gecko OS is not a backup loader, therefore a modchip is required.
    Have you used the search function ? used the Tutorial section ?

Did you know you can donate to help the running of this forum ?

http://www.wiihacks.com/home.php

hi...sorry we're busy, so only giving priority to supporting members like MK contestants / forum donators at this time...

The advice given is up to you whether to act on it or not. NO responsibility is taken for you screwing up !
    Thanks for your understanding

Are you familiar with a backup loader that would allow you to play burned import games or software available that would make such possible or is that route a lost cause?

Both of the backup loaders I use now give me the same Error #2 message with a blue screen.

I have used two different backup loaders however both give me the same Error#2 message with a blue screen after I insert the burned import.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast