Thread: WAD Installation OK, but cant run DVDs

WAD Installation OK, but cant run DVDs

Hi All!

I have a strange problem. Tried to google this but could not find anything related, or at least I didnt understand.

I can install WADs and playing games as a channel on my wii without no problem. When I burn DVDs and try to run them with Wii Gator it keeps saying NO DVD error. I also tried loading the disc by using GeckoOS, still same error.

I used Veribatim DVD-R s and CloneDVD software for burning ISOs.

I was first on 3.4E and downgraded to 3.2E by following these steps:

Using the "Homebrew Channel", opened "WAD Manager 3" and installed "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".

Then using the "Homebrew Channel", opened "Custom WM" and installed the "cios_fix.wad". Using the "Homebrew Channel", opened "IOS Downgrader" and finished installation. Using the "Homebrew Channel" again, opened "Install Shop IOS51" and patched the fix.

After all these steps I can run WAD Manager3 as a channel and install WADs without any problem.

I also used "AnyRegion Changer" to downgrade 3.2 later. When I check my settings on Wii, it is 3.2E now.

But no DVDs yet..What could be the answer for this problem? Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Aris

did you install Cios 36, 37, and 249?

No, I didnt install.. These are all what I did so far. Should I install those too?

The tutorial I referred does not mention anything about these installations?

cheers,

Cios 36 is needed to run gamma and many other homebrew apps
    Cios 249 helps it
    and Cios 37 is more or less 3.3

Thanks commander

I will install those versions and try again..

I will also update the tutorial that I followed as soon as I ended up with a result.

I just wanted to make sure that I will install these files below.

1- CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
    2- cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad
    3- cIOS37_rev3-Installer.dol

For installation of CIOS37; some says IOS37-64-v2070.wad needs to be placed on the root of SD. Do i need to do this?

Thank you for your help and time.

yes it goes in the root

Hi again,

Thanks for the tips, but could not succeeded..Followed instructions available on Instructables - Make, How To, and DIY later on. It just worked, thank you for your help.

cheers,