Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Wii shutdown with DM 2.4

  1. #1

    Wii shutdown with DM 2.4

    Hey everyone.

    I've been trying to get my Wii to play my GC backups on a USB hard drive with Dios Mios 2.4 and Configurable Loader to no avail. I ripped both Super Smash Bros. and Kirby Air Ride and when I try to run either the Wii goes straight to a black screen, the disc drive makes a noise as if it's reading, and then shuts off. The same also happens with USB Loader GX. I've tried running the backups with both no disc mode and with a GC game in the disc drive.

    The drive is formatted to FAT32 with 32k cluster size and I've gotten the rips that I've made for Wii games to work without issue.

    I've also tried running the game on an SD card with the same results.

    Here's my Syscheck:

    Spoiler


    I really don't know what's going wrong and would appreciate some help.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Monorail; 11-03-2012 at 05:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,381
    I see no issues with the SysCheck other than your HBC is 1.0.8 (the latest HBC is 1.1.0...though it could be showing the wrong version due to a harmless glitch) let me throw this out there. Try loading USB Loader via HBC and make sure you take any disc out of the drive and set the "No Disc" and "No Disc+" settings OFF. Also make sure your using the latest version of your USB Loader (for USB Loader GX you need 3.0 r1198 or higher)

  3. #3
    Hey, thanks for responding.
    I tried both launchers without a disk and the nodisk options off with the same results as before. I'm using V70r49 of cfg loader and 1202 of GX which I'm pretty sure are the most recent. Also as a strange sidenote, GX can only see the GC games on my HDD if my SD card is plugged in.
    Also I updated the launcher, was just too lazy to do it before :P

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorail
    Hey, thanks for responding.
    I tried both launchers without a disk and the nodisk options off with the same results as before. I'm using V70r49 of cfg loader and 1202 of GX which I'm pretty sure are the most recent. Also as a strange sidenote, GX can only see the GC games on my HDD if my SD card is plugged in.
    Also I updated the launcher, was just too lazy to do it before :P
    Try either GX 1200, 1201 or 1203. I've heard many reports that 1202 is a dud.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Try either GX 1200, 1201 or 1203. I've heard many reports that 1202 is a dud.
    Same deal with 1203.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorail
    Same deal with 1203.
    Well, I don't use DM anymore so I don't know what other help I can offer...sorry. You can always look into Devolution for GC USB loading.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Well, I don't use DM anymore so I don't know what other help I can offer...sorry. You can always look into Devolution for GC USB loading.
    Hm alright. That's what you use now?

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorail
    Hm alright. That's what you use now?
    Yup, I still like DM and it has its advantages but Devolution is what I use now.

  9. #9
    i get this a lot and usually it works if i reinstall the dm wad

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,381
    Ah yes, I should have said this sooner but try reinstalling DM using IOS236 (if you didn't try that already). Even if you get DM working you should still check out Devolution though, it can be used in conjunction with DM and they compliment each other nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •