Thread: How do you add AR Codes to the R4i 3DS?

How do you add AR Codes to the R4i 3DS?

I know it has something to do with the urcheat.dat file, however I just can't find any resources online to show how to do it. I remember the R4i for DSL being pretty easy 'cuz you just opened the cheat database file in Wordpad, added what you wanted, then copied it over.

I also downloaded the Cheat Code Editor to try and edit the urcheat.dat file, but every time I try to load the database, the program freezes. So, that's a dead end.

I'm just looking to add some Pokemon B2/W2 codes. I have the code I wish to use already, which allows you to unlock the Challenge Mode keys (still can't understand why Gamefreak is so stupid, and Nintendo, at that), but I just can't figure out how to add it to my flashcart. I'm currently using the R4i 3DS with Wood Firmware v1.53.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Step 1.
    • Download cheat database editor - R4CCE
    • Run r4cce.exe and open the usrcheat.dat from the SD:__rpgcheatsusrcheat.dat

Step 2.
    • scroll down to Pokemon White (any version should work) then right click > copy and right click again and paste.
    • scroll down to the bottom of the list and select the copy you just made.
    • You can then change the game title to something more meaningful.

Step3.
    • Click on the ... button near the (Dup?) button.
    • Browse for your Pokemon White ROM.
    • Finally click File > Save.

this is the guide i found on the forum, haven't tried it yet, will try it myself later. hope it works.
    Do yourself a favor, don't buy crappy flashcarts.

Thanks a bunch. I'm trying it out now.
    Last edited by DrkrZen; 10-18-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Banned
    We do not support cheating or assist in cheating.
    Please read the Forum Rules.

Thread Closed.