Thread: Installing a homebrew app via Flash drive?

Installing a homebrew app via Flash drive?

So, some one I know installed homebrew but did not install backup loader on my wii. I can launch homebrew (with no apps) and press one, and it will detect my flash drive. My question is what do I need on the drive to make it actully read it so I can install backuploader using the Flash drive. (I'm trying to play my back up copy of zelda:TP without an sd card, and I already have homebrew)

Banned
    If you are trying to play a Back up Disc of the game , then it counts on the wii and how old it is and if you have the wii fully modded.

To find out if your wii is fully modded please post a system check.Link->How To Post A System Check.

I have the homebrew channel installed, but I no longer have an SD card. I also do not have any apps on hombrew that allow me to play back up disks.

My console is a 4.3U I'm pretty confident it Is quite an older model

I'm asking if there is any way I can install a "back up disk reader" without the use of an sd card (with a flash drive)
    Last edited by Dat guy with the face; 10-04-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Banned
    Google Neogamma , And put it in the apps folder on the root of the Flash Drive/Sd Card.
    It will look like this....Sd/Flash:/Apps Neogamma/Boot.dol

If you have problems post back , so I or someone else can help you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Google Neogamma , And put it in the apps folder on the root of the Flash Drive/Sd Card.
    It will look like this....Sd/Flash:/Apps Neogamma/Boot.dol

If you have problems post back , so I or someone else can help you through it.
    Well, after having 2 disks not work I decided the disks where just not right for the job, so I am now trying to set up usb loader, only tuts for it show how to set it up via SD card, so I kinda went off them until I got to one point.

I am at the part where I use "cIOS rev20b Installer" I was able to do the first part where you chose "IOS 236" then "IOS56 v5661" then "IOS 249" then "WAD Installation", after this I chose to install it to my mass usb drive and it worked. on the seconed one where you chose "IOS 250" however when I try to install that one to my usb I get some (-2) error...

one way you can do is to read the SoftMod Any Wii and get the idea of what IOSs/cIOS's are required for your console.
    with HBC, you may like to apply MMM (multi-mod-manager) to install the needed cIOS's, and probably a system downgrade to 4.1u.
    after all these efforts, enjoy your retail disc, backup dvd-r and usb devices.

Banned
    Do as Billyhome suggested and I recommend using an sd card to mod with.