Thread: Retail disc update list?

Thanks

Retail disc update list?

I am about to help my friend mod his wii. I don't know what system menu his wii is currently running and I remember seeing a list of retail discs and their corresponding updates. I had success when I modded my wii on 4.1U - I upgraded my SM right before I modded using the NSMB retail disc.

Does anyone know where that list is posted? I specifically remember the list saying that NSMB was 4.1U. I searched this site and google and found a WUM (windows update manager) list - but that is not what Im looking for. It was either on Wiihacks or Wiibrew... but I'm going crazy trying to find it.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,686 Times in 1,971 Posts
    I remember that list as well, but I dont think it has been updated in a very long time. May I ask what purpose this would serve you? The ANY Wii guide has instructions for every system menu version, as well as how to up/downgrade to 4.1.

3. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Well the only reason im concerned is that when I tried to mod my wii - I think I was running 3.2U and it wouldn't read my SD card at all. (I tried multiple cards) - so I had to use the retail disc to upgrade to 4.1U just to get the exploit to work. I guess if I had more experience there were probably workarounds... but that's all I could think to do. So I just want to be prepared in case I run into the same problem. Actually after posting I kept googling and found this thread: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...s-use-run.html

For some reason I couldn't find it before, but thank you for the reply cjizzle.