Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A little help updating

  1. #1

    A little help updating

    Hello, I want to update my wii. The problem is I don't know how to start or what I need to update. My system is 4.2u and I use USB GX 2.3. Here is my DOP report:
    [spoiler]
    DOP-Mii Report
    Region North America (U)
    Hollywood Version 0x21
    Wii Unique DeviceID 92819825
    IOS Version FakeSign ES_Identify NAND Flash
    250 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    249 (v17) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    224 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    223 (v4) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    222 (v4) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    70 (v6687) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    61 (v5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    60 (v6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    58 (v6175) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    57 (v5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    56 (v5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    55 (v5406) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    53 (v5406) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    38 (v3867) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    37 (v3869) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    36 (v3351) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    35 (v3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    34 (v3348) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    33 (v3091) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    31 (v3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    28 (v1550) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    22 (v1037) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    21 (v782) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    17 (v775) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    15 (v257) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
    14 (v520) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    13 (v273) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    12 (v269) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    9 (v778) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    [/spoiler]
    Last edited by Jax; 09-24-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Added Spoiler...

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,759
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy89 View Post
    Hello, I want to update my wii. The problem is I don't know how to start or what I need to update. My system is 4.2u and I use USB GX 2.3. Here is my DOP report:
    [spoiler]
    DOP-Mii Report
    Region North America (U)
    Hollywood Version 0x21
    Wii Unique DeviceID 92819825
    IOS Version FakeSign ES_Identify NAND Flash
    250 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    249 (v17) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    224 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    223 (v4) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    222 (v4) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    70 (v6687) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    61 (v5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    60 (v6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    58 (v6175) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    57 (v5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    56 (v5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    55 (v5406) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    53 (v5406) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    38 (v3867) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    37 (v3869) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    36 (v3351) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
    35 (v3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    34 (v3348) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    33 (v3091) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    31 (v3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    28 (v1550) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    22 (v1037) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    21 (v782) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    17 (v775) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    15 (v257) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
    14 (v520) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    13 (v273) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    12 (v269) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    9 (v778) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    [/spoiler]
    Follow the soft mod any wii Guide , the link is at the bottom of my signature.
    Start from Soft Mod With Homebrew Channel Installed.
    Please Read the Guide A few Times , Then Proceed.

  3. #3
    I still have no idea. Is there anything that I really need to update at?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy89 View Post
    I still have no idea. Is there anything that I really need to update at?
    Yes all of it, so as Jax said go to the guide and start at Chapter 1, part 1, "softmods with homebrew channel installed"
    Complete the guide and you'll be all up to date and good to go.

    Best place on the net for all your wii needs

    Useful Links,
    Click the Spoiler


  5. #5
    Do I start at Softmod with Homebrew channel installed and only install the IOS58, because it looks like I already have the latest IOS61 and my IOS58 is IOS58-64-v6176. After that, do I just download the IOS update pack or do I need to download the Modpack.

    Also I got some old wad and boot dol on my app folder. Do I have to delete them from my SD card?
    Last edited by zippy89; 09-28-2012 at 03:46 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy89 View Post
    Do I start at Softmod with Homebrew channel installed
    Yes
    Then finish the guide,(ie. chapter 2 & chapter 3) it will overwrite your old files and make everything up to date.

    Quote Originally Posted by zippy89 View Post
    do I just download the IOS update pack or do I need to download the Modpack
    Yes you do both.

    Best place on the net for all your wii needs

    Useful Links,
    Click the Spoiler


  7. #7
    So, do I delete everything on my app folder on my SD card?

  8. #8
    backup whatever you want to keep from the card then format it and follow the guide.

    Best place on the net for all your wii needs

    Useful Links,
    Click the Spoiler


  9. #9
    I ran the md5summer on my sd card, and all the wad had error on them. Is it suppose to be that way? I haven't install the wad yet on my wii.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,759
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy89 View Post
    I ran the md5summer on my sd card, and all the wad had error on them. Is it suppose to be that way? I haven't install the wad yet on my wii.
    No, re-download the packs.
    Don't go any further until everything checks out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •