Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 3.4U Wii Need to Upgrade to 4.1-4.3

  1. #1
    New Member snowfrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    41

    3.4U Wii Need to Upgrade to 4.1-4.3

    I have another wii that I need to get softmodded.

    First off, the wii does not have any previous modifications and does not have homebrew or wad installer yet.

    System menu is at 3.4U
    I prefer 4.1 but i can settle with 4.3 (need advice its been awhile)

    Can I update or install homebrew without Game Disc Exploits ?

    Thanks in advance
    -=*Wii Setup*=-
    Sys menu: 4.2U HardMod+SoftMod - bootmii/boot2 - NeoGamma R9 B47 - cIOS57rev20

  2. #2
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,052
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfrost View Post
    I have another wii that I need to get softmodded.

    First off, the wii does not have any previous modifications and does not have homebrew or wad installer yet.

    System menu is at 3.4U
    I prefer 4.1 but i can settle with 4.3 (need advice its been awhile)

    Can I update or install homebrew without Game Disc Exploits ?

    Thanks in advance
    I think the easiest way to do this, without the need of a game disc, is to allow Nintendo's patching process to update it to 4.3u, then follow our recommended guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html and use the LetterBomb exploit to install HBC, etc.

    If you follow the entire guide, as recommended, you will end up with a 4.1 menu.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,759
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfrost View Post
    I have another wii that I need to get softmodded.

    First off, the wii does not have any previous modifications and does not have homebrew or wad installer yet.

    System menu is at 3.4U
    I prefer 4.1 but i can settle with 4.3 (need advice its been awhile)

    Can I update or install homebrew without Game Disc Exploits ?

    Thanks in advance
    Did you try the below??
    That is for wii's 3.0-4.1 and it's part of the soft mod any wii guide.
    [SPOILER="3.0-4.1 Bannerbomb v1"]
    Download WiiMod-58-61_Hackmii_1.1.0_BB1.zip, Extract file to sd:\
    alternate BBv1 files-B, C, D, E- If the boot.dol does not load, try these, just extract to sd:\
    -Go to wii settings- data managment- channels- SD- Load the boot.dol
    -WiiMod will load
    -Select Wad Manager -Press A
    -Press 1, -Press A -Install all Wads
    -IOS58 and IOS61 will install
    -Press "any button"
    -Press B to go back to WiiMod's main menu
    -Press the Home button and exit to the System Menu
    -Put your SD card back into your computer and navigate to sd:\
    -Right click on boot.dol and select Delete. You MUST delete this file.
    -Right click on hackmii and select Rename. Rename the file to boot.elf
    -Put the SD card back into your Wii
    -Go to wii settings- data managment- channels- SD- Load the boot.elf
    -Hackmii Installer Loads
    [/SPOILER]

  4. #4
    New Member snowfrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Did you try the below??
    That is for wii's 3.0-4.1 and it's part of the soft mod any wii guide.
    [SPOILER="3.0-4.1 Bannerbomb v1"]
    Download WiiMod-58-61_Hackmii_1.1.0_BB1.zip, Extract file to sd:\
    alternate BBv1 files-B, C, D, E- If the boot.dol does not load, try these, just extract to sd:\
    -Go to wii settings- data managment- channels- SD- Load the boot.dol
    -WiiMod will load
    -Select Wad Manager -Press A
    -Press 1, -Press A -Install all Wads
    -IOS58 and IOS61 will install
    -Press "any button"
    -Press B to go back to WiiMod's main menu
    -Press the Home button and exit to the System Menu
    -Put your SD card back into your computer and navigate to sd:\
    -Right click on boot.dol and select Delete. You MUST delete this file.
    -Right click on hackmii and select Rename. Rename the file to boot.elf
    -Put the SD card back into your Wii
    -Go to wii settings- data managment- channels- SD- Load the boot.elf
    -Hackmii Installer Loads
    [/SPOILER]
    yes i have completed this just after I posted. Thank you guys for all the advice.

    I saw that there first, but I wasnt sure what it all ment, It has been far too long I didnt even know that or the letterbox existed. but my brain is starting to function again. took me good 3 hours to search read and learn about it all to move forward without hesitation

    I have Homebrew and bootmii installed on boot2
    Completed backup and about to softmod

    Should I softmod first or update to 4.1?

    I am going to continue to research and see what my options are.

    thanks for the replies
    Last edited by snowfrost; 09-20-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    -=*Wii Setup*=-
    Sys menu: 4.2U HardMod+SoftMod - bootmii/boot2 - NeoGamma R9 B47 - cIOS57rev20

  5. #5
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Just keep following the guide as it is until the part where it says "upgrade/downgrade to 4.1, optional but recommended." follow that step and continue with the guide. You'll end up with a perfectly softmodded Wii with system menu 4.1.

  6. #6
    New Member snowfrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by kunparekh18 View Post
    Just keep following the guide as it is until the part where it says "upgrade/downgrade to 4.1, optional but recommended." follow that step and continue with the guide. You'll end up with a perfectly softmodded Wii with system menu 4.1.
    perfect thanks so much, I guess I wasnt too noobish after all. and kunparekh18 you just saved me alot more time. much appreciated.
    -=*Wii Setup*=-
    Sys menu: 4.2U HardMod+SoftMod - bootmii/boot2 - NeoGamma R9 B47 - cIOS57rev20

  7. #7
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfrost View Post
    perfect thanks so much, I guess I wasnt too noobish after all. and kunparekh18 you just saved me alot more time. much appreciated.
    Cheers! Also, a thanks would help

  8. #8
    New Member snowfrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by kunparekh18 View Post
    Cheers! Also, a thanks would help

    ***i said much appreciated*** in other words Thank you

    Everything completed and I am ready to roll


    Thanks to all here and within WiiHacks Community once again!
    -=*Wii Setup*=-
    Sys menu: 4.2U HardMod+SoftMod - bootmii/boot2 - NeoGamma R9 B47 - cIOS57rev20

  9. #9
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfrost View Post
    ***i said much appreciated*** in other words Thank you

    Everything completed and I am ready to roll


    Thanks to all here and within WiiHacks Community once again!
    Haha by thanks I mean thanking your post, like this (I thanked your post, see it). " The WiiHacks community is amazing, feel free to drop by and ask some questions if you ever have doubts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •