Thread: Priiloader Help

Priiloader Help

Since I am new at this, a friend help soft mod my Wii (4.3u). I noticed now that some discs will not play, since the
    system is looking for a "system update". Obviously, I do not want to do this.
    I have the HomeBrew channel installed and also can read my backed up Wii discs on USB.

Although i will be mostly be using the USB loader to read my wii disks, I still want to occasionally
    run the discs directly.

My searching has noted that the solution appears to be installing Priiloader to: "Block Online Updates" and
    "Block Disc Updates".

I found Priiloader v07 and downloaded it in a directory on my PC. I also found file hacks_hash.ini and also put it in a directory
    on my PC.

The directions stated to put the Priiloader v7 in the root of the SD card under the apps directory.
    I did this. My first question is when I unzip it, do I put the files EXACTLY the way it unzips into the apps directory??
    There seems to be too many files and directories and a subdirectory called "Extra" which I wonder what it does!

I next put the SD card back in the Wii (I did not copy the hacks_hash.ini file to SD card yet).

When I started the Wii, I went into Homebrew. I did not see "Priiloader" listed".
    Am I missing something? When Homebrew was installed initially, "Priiloader should have been installed with it??

Are there any steps that I am missing?

Any suggestions?

Is this safe to do? Is there a backup that I need to do first before installing this?

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There should be a folder named say priiloader with a boot.dol within it, this needs to be placed in the apps folder. The hasks.ini needs to be on the root

Have a look here