Many newbie questions about Softmod and NTFS
Sorry for asking these questions here, but I searched the forum and couldn't get the answers. Also, I posted in the topic forums but got no reply. I have system menu 4.3U and followed the Softmod ANY Wii guide.
- While installing BootMii, it did not install as boot2 but as an IOS. I've seen many posts on the forum saying that installing BootMii as boot2 is a very good brick prevention measure. So,
a) Is there any way I can install BootMii as boot2 without downgrading my system menu version?
b) Are there any other great brick prevention software I can download/install? (I already have Priiloader v0.7 installed. I have a non-TR Wiimote).
- I followed the guide and did every step accordingly except downgrading to 4.1. The guide says that it is recommended. But I didn't do it since it was optional. So, am I losing many important features without downgrading? It says 4.1 has better brick prevention facilities, but can I somehow get the same for 4.3?
- I enabled the Region-free option in Priiloader. I can play my original American games through the disc channel, but I can play the Australian games only through Neogamma. Playing the Australian game through the disc channel hangs my Wii, and I had to hard boot it. Is there any way to circumvent this?
- I want to rip to and play backups from an NTFS HDD. I have a 1 TB Seagate Expansion Drive which is on the compatible list. I followed the guide and decided to use the latest USB Loader GX (v3.0). This is because both wiiflow and cfg ask only for WBFS storage media. When I try ripping a game to my hard disk, it says "0 GB free of -0.00GB." How do I solve that?
I'm a total newbie to all this Wii hacking, so go easy on me.
EDIT: I found out the solution to the HDD problem, so forget that question.
Last edited by kunparekh18; 09-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.
It's the Pizza dude
1. Bootmii installed as boot2 has nothing to do with System Menu version. It is about how old your console is. Only older Wii consoles can install bootmii boot2. That bug was eventually fixed by N, so if you dont have one of those older consoles it is impossible to install as boot2.
2. PriiLoader is the best you can have
3. 4.1 allows the use of bannerbomb. There are quite a few brick fixing guides and many of them require the use of bannerbomb. If you arent sure what bannerbomb is, google it.
4. Region free is one of the things that 4.3 killed. All 4.2 and 4.3 did was kill homebrew. It added no additional functionality.
1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post
Ohh, I see. Does that mean that downgrading to 4.1 will enable me to play the Australian, i.e. European discs through the disc channel?
It's the Pizza dude
Yes, it will allow you to play out of region retail games via the disc channel.
Okay, so here are my last few questions:
a) Will I have to re-softmod after downgrading? Will downgrading remove Priiloader, BootMii, etc.? Will I be able to upgrade to 4.3 in the future if I want to?
b) USB Loader GX v3.0 updates Message board playlogs as "USB Loader GX" or "Others." How can I configure it to log as the game I played? I exit my games to the Wii Menu as told at the loader's website.
EDIT: Fixed the message board issue, just didn't see the setting in "Features" :P
But, there is a Priiloader hack which enables Bannerbomb v2 on 4.3. Is that helpful?
Originally Posted by cjizzle
Last edited by kunparekh18; 09-12-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Will using themes for USB Loader GX brick my Wii? I'm asking because I've heard somewhere that themes can cause bricks.