ImportantPlease no asking for any pirated related information, this will result in zero tolerance and your post being deleted and reading room or permanent ban and secondly this guide is based on u having an upto date Mauifrog softmod from the softmod any wii guide
1) You will need to have the latest version of usb loader installed, u can get that here (Download the all in one package)
2) A back up of your nand.bin and keys.bin which was created by bootmii when you follow the soft mod any wii guide
3) A way to extract the nand so it can be read - We will be using Nand tools by Giantpune - Get them here
4) A way to inject .wad files into the nand in the form of ShowMiiWads
5) The latest revision of Dios Mios which you can get here
6) This file
7) A working USB device formatted to fat32 - Fat32 guide here(must be formatted to 32kb clusters for Dios Mios, regardless of what is stated in the fat32 guide this must be set manually!)
Chapter 1 - Extracting your nand
1) Grab the nand tools described above and extract them to a folder of your choice on your PC.
2) Take a copy of your nand.bin and keys.bin files and place them in the same folder.
3) Start the nandExtract.exe
4) Go to file and open nand - then navigate to and select your nand.bin file
5) Right click on the root folder to extract your nand and name the folder nand.
6) Now you should have a folder named nand and the contents should look like this
Nand extraction complete!
Chapter 2 - Adding your games with ShowMiiWads -(optional - as games can be added later via usb loader gx)
1) Grab ShowMiiWads as described above and extract to a folder of your choice.
2) Run ShowMiiWads.exe
3) Go to tools and scroll down to create common key bin
4) Go to options and select change NAND Backup Path and navigate to and select your nand you prepared earlier.
5) Now go to View and select ShowMiiNand
6) Now right click anywhere in ShowMiiWads - select install>File and navigate to the .wad file u wish to install
7) You have now successfully installed your game to the nand.
Chapter 3 - Usb loader Gx
Once you have downloaded the latest version from the getting started chapter you should create a folder on the root of the usb device called apps like so
now place the usbloader_gx folder in that directory, resulting in
The resulting file structure should be - (note the highlighted area)
Now lets add the wii games -
Copying your original discs to your hard drive with your usb loader
1) Start your loader
2) Insert your Wii game
3) The loader will ask if you want to rip the game
4) Press yes and you are done.
Transferring games from your Windows PC to your hard drive
Option 1 - Wii Game Manager
Get Wii game manager here
1) Create a folder on the root of your hard drive called WBFS
2) Load up Wii game manager:
3) Go to open - open .iso files (List A)
4) Navigate to where your .iso files are
5) Right click on the game title and click 'create .wbfs File(s) With Subdirectories - No Split (important - if the file is larger than 4gb then the file must be split)
6) A pop up box will appear and you need to navigate to your WBFS folder that you created on your Hard drive and press ok:
Option 2 - Wii Backup Manager
Get Wii Backup Manager here
1) Create a folder on the root of your hard drive called WBFS
2) Load up Wii Backup Manager
3) Go to the Add tab
4) Select file and navigate to where your .iso file is located
5) Tick the box next to the game:
6) Select the Transfer tab and then WBFS from the drop down menu
7) A pop up box will appear and you need to navigate to your WBFS folder that you created on your Hard drive and press ok:
That is all we have to do with the loader at the moment, the other directories are created on first start up of the program on your wii
Chapter 4 - Dios Mios installation
1) Grab the Dios Mios.wad file from the getting started chapter
2) Create a folder on the root of your usb device called wads and place the file in that directory - You will now have something that looks like this
(Note the source folder which comes in the dios mios package)
3) Now grab a wad installing tool (for guide purposes I will stick to wad manager but any will do) - Wad manager
4) Place the folder in the apps directory - you should now have something that looks like this -
Chapter 5 - Preparing your Game Cube backups for use with Dios Mios
1) Grab the file from the getting started section and extract it.
2) You should now have a folder that looks like this on your PC
3) Navigate to the DiscEx folder and here you want to drag your .iso or.gcm file onto the DiscEx.exe, this will convert the file for use with DM/DML.
4) Once completed you should have a folder named with a title id and some files within mainly a game.gcm or .iso file. This folder should be moved to the Usb device and placed within the game folder. You should have something that looks like this -
(optional) If you want to compress the game file then do this with the file before you drag and drop it on DiscEx -
1. open up your DML folder
2. open GCMUtility0.5 folder
3. open GCMUtility
4. click add .iso
5. locate and add .iso or .gcm
6. when you click open you will see the game in the box
7. check the little box next to the banner
8. then click shrink
9. save the file to somewhere (somewhere where you will remember)
10. then go about doing the rest of the guide with the small shrunk file
FYI - Some games will not work compressed but will when they are not so just bear this in mind
Chapter 6 - Final file structure
Grab your nand that you created earlier and place it on the root of the usb device, the final strusture should now be like this -
Final setup measures
1) Plug your usb device into the outer port on the wii and switch wii and usb device on
2) Navigate to the HBC and load wad manager
3) Select ios 236 to load and then usb device
4) Navigate to the Dios Mios.wad file and install - note: this will overwrite your current cMios
5) Exit back to HBC
6) Load usb loader gx
Settings that need to be adjusted -
Navigate to the bottom left hand corner to the setting icon -
1) Go to custom paths,
2) Change Main Game Cube path to USB1
Nand emulation options-
1) Go to loader settings
2) Nand Saves Emulation and change to full
3) Nand Channel Emulation and change to full
Game Cube game ripping -
1) You must go to settings
2) Hard Drive settings
3) Game Cube install 32k aligned should be changed to on
Game view options -
You can view all the games all on the same screen by going to the 4th icon from the top left hand side and selecting the options you wish to use
Cover art -
1) Press 1 on the Wiimote
2) Select what type of covers you want to download and then press ok.
Additionall features -
Export all save games to emulated nand =
3) Export all saves to emulated nand
Export Mii's to emulated nand
3) Export Mii'S to emulated nand
Install new wads to the emulated nand without going back to showmiiwads -
1) Place your new wads on either a sd card or usb device
2) Go to settings
4) Install wad to EmuNand
5) Navigate to wad location and install
bLAStY, bushing, dhewg, drmr, John_K, marcan, mha, segher, svpe, tmbinc, comex for bringing us Bootmii,
Giantpune for bringing the nand extracting tools,
Leathl for bringing ShowMiiWads,
and last but not least Bmarlo for the awesome banner
Everything seemed to work except the nand emulation. Both games I attempted to boot resulted in a black screen that required turning off the console to get rid of. The games were titled oddly as well, one JADE and the other JDCP or something along those lines.
Thanks for the guide mate.
I am a bit confused.....Is this 2 different ways to play game cube games? 1. Through nand emulation and 2. Through USB loading
Is the Nand stuff neccessary if I just want to do USB loading? Or is the Nand stuff something completely seperate from the game cube stuff?
I haven't tried yet, but I have nand emulation working for Wii ware and VC titles, and I have USB loading for wii games, and I am just wanting to know how to backup and play my game cube games fro HDD.....so it seems to me I just need to install the DIOS MIOS wad and put the games on the HDD....is that right?
Also you seem to skip over a part that seems important to me, how do I get the .iso from the gamecube disc? Will USB loader GX just be able to rip it like it does for my wii games? I have no idea, can those little game cube discs be put in any regular computer drive for ripping? The only way you seem to mention getting games is dragging iso in the DiscEx....and what is that step actually doing anyway? Converting to WBFS?
Thanks for the guide.
Last edited by blaisedinsd; 09-05-2012 at 01:58 PM.
I read some other things about this
1. Do you have to have a disc in your wii for this to work?
2. Does this break the ability to play retail gamecube titles?
Seems playing backup discs is not nearly as popular as USB loading and I read that many systems can't play backup discs at all. I am not sure if mine can, is there a good guide for how to do this? Do you have to use Neogamma R7 to play backups? Seems a lot of stuff I find on wii hacking is old and I am often unsure if the info is up to date.
Anyway is it a simple matter of swapping out the Dio Mios Wad to get the backup funcitonality back?