Thread: Why not revert to Virgin wii?

Why not revert to Virgin wii?

Hi all. I modded a friend's Wii last year but now he wants it back to original form. I've done some searches and people seem to really be against going back to a "virgin wii. Why is this so? My friend wants to be able to accept updates from Nintendo and all, but the Softmodding guide says not to do that. What should I do?

Thanks.

Hmmmm.... AFAIK, you *cannot* revert a Wii back to it's virgin state. Sure, you can remove the channels and try to get it back to as close as possible, but in the end, it's still a modified device.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    We do have a guide for that HERE. Read the warnings and understand the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    We do have a guide for that HERE. Read the warnings and understand the risks.
    I guess I stand corrected!

You're not exactly wrong. Once a wii has been softmodded there are always traces in the nand that Nintendo can find. So it all depends on how you define virgin.

I will NEVER understand ANYONE (PARTICULARLY AT THIS POINT!) un-softmodding a wii. The chances of a new system menu coming are.... damn near zero at this point.

-Blu

Softmod ANY Wii
    | USB-FAT32 | Error Index | Chat!
    An Introduction To Wii Hacking - MUST READ for all new Wii Hackers
    If I have been of help to you, please click the "Thanks" icon to the left.

even if they were going to come out with a new system menu i doubt there would be a reason to upgrade to it

Quote Originally Posted by mickk View Post
    even if they were going to come out with a new system menu i doubt there would be a reason to upgrade to it
    Yeah, I believe the only *features* of System Menus beyond 4.0 are merely to incorporate anti-hacking measures, which, we all see how well those have worked for the big N!