Thread: Ok, so I've posted a LOT to Mauifrog's Softmod Guide, SO....

Lightbulb Ok, so I've posted a LOT to Mauifrog's Softmod Guide, SO....

Mainly to the one's ABOVE ME, this is all an IDEA STAGE:

Here's the general idea here... I'm debating whether or not to create a set of executables to for 1: check directories as I HAVE been doing, with my small run program... And 2: create a multi-part installer DIRECTLY FOR Mauifrog's Softmod ANY Wii Guide... and I MEAN WORD-FOR-WORD, EXACT PACKAGE BY PACKAGE. OF course it would involve multiple parts such as that the guide calls for, you know, occasional formatting and special Motion Plus Remotes and whatnot. SO... Moderators, speakers, and general public and anyone in the RR, would the community as a whole like a package installer for the convenience of anyone NOT having to download trillions of packages in zip files the world over?

I'd love a set of replies, if I get a decent amount of good feedback, I'll start my work on it IMMEDIATELY!
    Afterwards, I will send ANY moderator who is suspicious or weary of the packaging their very own copy

From here, they will decide. Wish me luck guys!!!
    (P.S. If this were to happen, might I get a shine in a guide somewhere throughout this site? Again, all just questions )

Thanks,

AngelSosa, creator of FileDirCheck2.1
    [spoiler="Skeptical?"]Everytime I update u on a post, I download ALL of the files I need to help you install, and head straight to my wii to test them... I put my system at risk to help you out, so if I seem unsure, I'll get there... Don't criticize.
    [/spoiler]
    <----Hit the "Thanks" button if I've offered some helpful advice! W00t!

Here's my take - I believe Mauifrog's Guide to be absolutely fantastic - and easy to follow. That being said - I went into it with a reasonable amount of computer knowledge. Now, i'm a new member and all, but it seems that this site is targeted at everyone - from the people who don't know what a zip file is to people who design programs. I am in no place to say that Mauifrog's guide needs any improvement (and I don't think you are saying that either angel) but maybe something that automates the parts where there is potential for bricking would be helpful for those who have next to no computer background... (i.e. auto check sums, auto check successful wad installation? if its even possible) Mind you, I don't know a whole lot about the nitty gritty parts of what modding the wii actually does behind the scenes - so this really is an 'almost' noob's perspective. Hope it helps. I'm curious to see what the moderators think...

Thank you for the reply Joe, that's EXACTLY the type of information this post was intended for, to see the ups and downs of an idea of this. Thank you for your input Joe, and Jax has sent this in to the moderator's crew, I'm waiting for their reply as well
    [spoiler="Skeptical?"]Everytime I update u on a post, I download ALL of the files I need to help you install, and head straight to my wii to test them... I put my system at risk to help you out, so if I seem unsure, I'll get there... Don't criticize.
    [/spoiler]

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    I am not opposed to anything that can make it more noob proof.

Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    I am not opposed to anything that can make it more noob proof.
    LOL! Thanks Skellinator!
    [/spoiler]

Update to the guide Installation! I found out all kinds of cool junk! I can write/read into separate batch files to execute different operations in the background of a C++ executeable. I'm in the process of creating this file RIGHT NOW. Here are the results thus far
    [spoiler="C++ Filing"]#include <iostream>
    #include <fstream>
    #include <string>
    //windows.h header is used to induce the opening of the webpage from the borrowed code: ShellExecute
    #include <windows.h>

using namespace std;
    int main()
    {
    //homebrew checks for y/n answers
    string homebrew;
    //double checks for wii version (4.3, 3.2, etc)
    double wiiOS;
    //MAC Address string variable
    string MACAdress;
    cout << "Wii-Guide-Installer v1.0" << endl;
    cout << "Creator: Angel Sosa" << endl;
    cout << "Copyright 2012" << endl << endl;
    cout << "The purpose of this file is to quickly install the the Guide by Mauifrog/Guide Bot on WiiHacks.com. Follow through the steps accurately and thoroughly." << endl << endl;
    cout << "*Note:" << endl;
    cout << "At the moment, do not be alarmed, for the program is not ACTUALLY installing anything to your machine, these are only test sequences will will be included later." << endl << endl;
    cout << "Does you Wii currently contain the Homebrew Channel" << endl << "(y/n): ";
    cin >> homebrew;
    //Shows your input before (IF) separation.
    cout << "Return: (" << homebrew << ")" << endl;
    //Wii which has HAD a softmod
    if (homebrew == "y")
    {
    cout << "Your wii has HBC! Awesome! Let's continue!" << endl << endl;
    cout << "...Extracting contents of: WiiMod-58-61_Hackmii_1.1.0";
    {
    ofstream myfile;
    myfile.open ("Guide-Hackmii.txt");
    myfile << "Load the HomeBrew Channel" << endl << "Launch WiiMod - WiiMod will load" << endl <<
    "-Select Wad Manager -Press A" << endl << "-Press 1, -press A -Install all wads" << endl <<
    "-IOS58 and IOS61 will install" << endl << "-Press 'any button' to continue" << endl <<
    "-Exit WiiMod to go back to the Homebrew Channel" << endl << "-Select hackmii_installer_v1.0 - Press A to Launch" << endl <<
    "-Hackmii Installer Loads";
    myfile.close();
    }
    {
    ofstream myfile;
    myfile.open ("Guide-Hackmii.bat");
    myfile << "@Echo off" << endl <<
    "notepad.exe Guide-Hackmii.txt" << endl;
    myfile.close();
    }
    {
    LPCTSTR lpParameters;
    ShellExecute(NULL,("open"),"Guide-Hackmii.bat",lpParameters,NULL,SW_SHOWDEFAULT);
    return 0;
    }
    }
    //New Wii installation
    else if (homebrew == "n")
    cout << endl << "Your wii does NOT have HBC. Let's continue" << endl << endl;
    cout << "What version/OS does your Nintendo Wii currently use?" << endl << "(System Versions allowed: [3.0 - 4.3]): ";
    cin >> wiiOS;
    cout << "Return: (" << wiiOS << ")" << endl;
    if (wiiOS == 4.3)
    {
    cout << "Your system runs: 4.3*" << endl << endl;
    //Get the Wii's MAC Address and input it here, for usage with Letterbomb...
    //Borrowed this line of code for using the hackmii website opener...
    ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "http://please.hackmii.com", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);
    }
    else if (wiiOS == 4.2)
    {
    cout << "Your system runs: 4.2*" << endl;
    cout << "...Extracting the contents of Bannerbomb v2: WiiMod-58-61_Hackmii_1.1.0_BB2.zip,";
    }
    else if (wiiOS == 4.1)
    {
    cout << "Your system runs: 4.1*" << endl;
    cout << "...Extracting the contents of Bannerbomb v2: WiiMod-58-61_Hackmii_1.1.0_BB2.zip,";
    }
    else if (wiiOS <= 4.0 and wiiOS >= 3.0)
    {
    string wii3040;
    cout << "Your system runs: " << wiiOS << endl << "System Bracket: (3.0 - 4.0)" << endl << endl;
    cout << "...Extracting the contents of Bannerbomb v1: WiiMod-58-61_Hackmii_1.1.0_BB1.zip" << endl << endl;
    cout << "Did the original files work? (y/n)" << endl;
    cin >> wii3040; cout << "Returned: (" << wii3040 << ")" << endl;
    if (wii3040 == "n")
    {
    cout << "Which version would you like to implement?" << endl << "(i.e. b, c, d or e): ";
    cin >> wii3040; cout << endl;
    cout << "You would like to use package [" << wii3040 << "]" << endl << endl;
    }
    else if (wii3040 == "y")
    cout << "Awesome! Glad it worked for you!";
    return 0;
    //
    //CONTINUE FROM HERE!
    }
    else
    cout << "Your input was not understood";
    return 0;
    }

[/spoiler]

W000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The process has started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/spoiler]