Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: All I have is the Homebrew chanel. What next?

  1. #1

    All I have is the Homebrew chanel. What next?

    I just installed the homebrew chanel.... what next? I have a wii running 4.3u, All i have is a flash drive, I have a SD Card, but I dont have a computer that can read it, so what should i do next?

  2. #2
    New Member angelsosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Middle of Texas - 79512
    Posts
    189
    So is your issue a computer which doesn't have the SD/MMC/xD port on your pc to transfer files? Or are they not readable to your pc... USB OR Sd...? With some more info, I'd be glad to help
    [spoiler="Skeptical?"]Everytime I update u on a post, I download ALL of the files I need to help you install, and head straight to my wii to test them... I put my system at risk to help you out, so if I seem unsure, I'll get there... Don't criticize.
    [/spoiler]
    <----Hit the "Thanks" button if I've offered some helpful advice! W00t!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Nicholas Ontrop View Post
    I just installed the homebrew chanel.... what next? I have a wii running 4.3u, All i have is a flash drive, I have a SD Card, but I dont have a computer that can read it, so what should i do next?
    I guess it really depends on what you're trying to do. Out of curiosity, what method did you use to install HBC?

    I know personally, I didn't even give a shred of thought to modding my Wii until I knew EXACTLY what the result was that I wanted. In the end, I modded my Wii simply for the USB loading capabilities (6 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 wife -- discs getting scratched was the least of my worries...). Until I had the vision for the end product, a virgin she stayed.

    So, what's your goal? What is the end result that you want from hacking your Wii?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsosa View Post
    So is your issue a computer which doesn't have the SD/MMC/xD port on your pc to transfer files? Or are they not readable to your pc... USB OR Sd...? With some more info, I'd be glad to help
    I dont have a computer with an SD port to tranfer files.

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyDaddy View Post
    I guess it really depends on what you're trying to do. Out of curiosity, what method did you use to install HBC?

    I know personally, I didn't even give a shred of thought to modding my Wii until I knew EXACTLY what the result was that I wanted. In the end, I modded my Wii simply for the USB loading capabilities (6 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 wife -- discs getting scratched was the least of my worries...). Until I had the vision for the end product, a virgin she stayed.

    So, what's your goal? What is the end result that you want from hacking your Wii?
    Well I for sure want to be able to play game backups. And I truly dont have a clue what the wii can do, so anything you can think of that would be good to have.
    I installed HBC With letterbomb
    Last edited by Jax; 08-29-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.

  5. #5
    New Member angelsosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Middle of Texas - 79512
    Posts
    189
    That is fine, invest in one of these bad boys, and you'll be set!
    - Less than $10.00 gets you plugged straight into your USB ports man.
    [spoiler="Skeptical?"]Everytime I update u on a post, I download ALL of the files I need to help you install, and head straight to my wii to test them... I put my system at risk to help you out, so if I seem unsure, I'll get there... Don't criticize.
    [/spoiler]
    <----Hit the "Thanks" button if I've offered some helpful advice! W00t!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsosa View Post
    That is fine, invest in one of these bad boys, and you'll be set!
    - Less than $10.00 gets you plugged straight into your USB ports man.
    Wow, $7.17 online. I may have to pick one up.... I recently set up a *new* computer to replace my 5 year old laptop, and it doesn't have a card reader.... you just earned yourself a big ole ball of Thanks for that one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nic
    Well I for sure want to be able to play game backups. And I truly dont have a clue what the wii can do, so anything you can think of that would be good to have.
    I installed HBC With letterbomb
    There a good amount of Homebew apps and whatnot available once you hack your Wii. I personally use FTPii for transferring file to and fro, but if you want to see what's available, I would check out Wiibrew.org.

  7. #7
    New Member angelsosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Middle of Texas - 79512
    Posts
    189
    Wow, $7.17 online. I may have to pick one up.... I recently set up a *new* computer to replace my 5 year old laptop, and it doesn't have a card reader.... you just earned yourself a big ole ball of Thanks for that one!
    Just remember the thanks button when you appreciate some help! LOL, anytime!
    [spoiler="Skeptical?"]Everytime I update u on a post, I download ALL of the files I need to help you install, and head straight to my wii to test them... I put my system at risk to help you out, so if I seem unsure, I'll get there... Don't criticize.
    [/spoiler]
    <----Hit the "Thanks" button if I've offered some helpful advice! W00t!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •