Thread: Fix for PSO I&II

Fix for PSO I&II

After searching the internet in many places, I have finally been able to work out how to get PSO I&II to work with DML and CFG Loader. Here is how I did it.

[Spoiler="What you will need"]
    1. GameCube ISO Tool (GCIT)
    2. DiscEx
    3. PSO Episode 1&2 [U] NTSC v1.01 (1.35GB) If you do not use v1.01, this will not work.
    4. DML v2.2
    5. Latest release of CFG USB Loader or WiiFlow Mod

Optional: Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier (FCIV)[/Spoiler]
    [spoiler="Part 1"]Optional: Run FCIV and compare the MD5 hash of your ISO to the one here. It MUST be the same.

• Navigate to your GCIT folder and run the .exe
    • Click File > Open ISO and navigate to and open your PSO ISO and open it.
    • Click File > Save ISO > Full size. Don't question it. I didn't

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="For CFG Loader"]

1. Close GCIT and use DiscEx or GCReEX to extract the game. Do not use compression with DiscEx! It will not work! The game will load faster during play if you use GCReEX.
    2. Place the resulting folder (GPOE8P) in the SD:games\ folder
    3. Insert your SD card into your Wii and load up CFG loader. Ensure that you are running the latest version.
    4. Load up the settings for the game and set the following: PADHOOK = OFF, NMM=OFF, OCARINA=OFF
    5. All other settings should be install defaults.
    6. Run the game!

Keep in mind that the game will sit at a black screen for 15-30 seconds after the DIOS MIOS splash screen.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="For WiiFlow Mod"]

1. Close GCIT and use GCReEX to extract the game.
    2. Place the resulting folder (GPOE8P) in the SD:games\ folder
    3. Insert your SD card into your Wii and load up WiiFlow Mod. Ensure that you are running the latest version.
    4. Load up the settings for the game and set the following: NMM=OFF, OCARINA=OFF
    5. All other settings should be install defaults.
    6. Run the game!

Keep in mind that the game will sit at a black screen for 15-30 seconds after the DIOS MIOS splash screen.[/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Final words"]All of the settings and do-not's here were either tested by myself or other users or were found on the compatibility list. If it was not listed in the guide, it was not something that I had to do to successfully run (and enjoy ) the game. If you find a Loader/DM(L) combo that works before I do, please post it here so I can try it and then add it to the guide. Otherwise, I will try out as many Loader/DM(L) combos as I can when I get the chance.

If you come across any issues, please pin point where you are having the trouble and post questions in the appropriate place (i.e. DML issue, post here.) with detailed information on what your issue is and what you have done to try to solve it so the user trying to help you can help you faster.

Thanks,
    X[/spoiler]
    Last edited by xrisonfire08; 08-28-2012 at 10:35 AM.