Thread: Help with restoring system menu.

Help with restoring system menu.

EDIT: After much more digging I realized i could just change the boot.dol in the download I already had. System menu restored and working fine. Now time to fully update the softmod.

About 6 months or so back I made a mistake updating my softmod. I used files intended for a different system menu version, can't remember exactly though.
    Afterwards the Wii would not detect my SD card or HDD and then unsynced the wiimotes and I cannot get them to resync, gamecube controller also does not work.

I have Bootmii installed as boot2 and it recognizes the SD card before system menu loads.
    (I no longer have a NAND backup as it said it was not for this console even though it was and now cant find it).

I have managed to get my hands on a Wad manager that boots straight into it when the Wii is turned on but it does no support Gamecube controller input and wiimotes won't sync.
    Cannot seem to find a working link for something similar that supports GC controllers and unsure on how to get into a Wad manager any other way.

Any help or links to appropriate files would be very appreciated.
    Last edited by LDH; 08-21-2012 at 03:36 AM.

can you get into hbc?
    or do you have priiloader installed?

Best place on the net for all your wii needs

Useful Links,
    Click the Spoiler

Thankyou for your reply, however I have fixed my Wii.
    Main problem was SD slot not being recognized by anything other than Bootmii. Wiimotes also wouldn't sync so I really couldn't do much.
    Ended up using cboot2 + Wad manager from the brick guide with a different boot.dol that supported GC controllers as the other download link was broken.