Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disc could not be read? (tried installing cios)

Disc could not be read? (tried installing cios)

Hi.

I was trying to play a Just dance 3 iso on my dvd-r on my wii. Most of the songs work fine. However, for some songs such as Dynamite, the wii would stop displaying images and show a reading disc screen. That screen would then be followed up by a "The disc could not be read" screen.

I tried to fix this by using the d2x CIOS installer and the configuration provided here: http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/97...tml#post622695

I couldn't find a d2xv7 option, only v6 and v8 so I tried them both with
    cios
    base
    d2x
    v7 .
    However, I still continue to recieve this screen. Sometimes, the game will even freeze when I'm scrolling through its' main menu.

Is this a problem with the file itself? or is it something else? Help is greatly appreciated!
    -a wiihacks newbie

also forgot to add that I'm using neogamma v7. I was thinking that upgrading it might help but I'm not sure how since the neogamma folder isn't on my sd card and is installed as a channel directly to my wii.
    Last edited by Jax; 08-21-2012 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiwantoburn View Post
    Hi.

I was trying to play a Just dance 3 iso on my dvd-r on my wii. Most of the songs work fine. However, for some songs such as Dynamite, the wii would stop displaying images and show a reading disc screen. That screen would then be followed up by a "The disc could not be read" screen.

I tried to fix this by using the d2x CIOS installer and the configuration provided here: http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/97...tml#post622695

I couldn't find a d2xv7 option, only v6 and v8 so I tried them both with
    cios
    base
    d2x
    v7 .
    However, I still continue to recieve this screen. Sometimes, the game will even freeze when I'm scrolling through its' main menu.

Is this a problem with the file itself? or is it something else? Help is greatly appreciated!
    -a wiihacks newbie

also forgot to add that I'm using neogamma v7. I was thinking that upgrading it might help but I'm not sure how since the neogamma folder isn't on my sd card and is installed as a channel directly to my wii.
    Do you have priiloader install?
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ates-more.html
    - Downoad the hacks for priiloader from herehacks_hash.zip
    - Extract the file and put the hacks_hash.ini file in the "priiloader" folder.
    SD card structure:
    SD:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini
    Remove diag disc check - The same as "Remove Diagnostic Disc Check"
    Last edited by candylove; 08-21-2012 at 06:55 AM.

I don't have any problems with system updates. I have already installed StartPatch since I was having trouble installing priiloader before.

The issue is that I can play the game but the game would just go into the reading disc screen in the middle of a song and then crash with error message: "Disc could not be read"

Did you select
    Remove Diag Disc Check - Remove Diagnostic Disc check
    in StartPatch?

ok so I was able to get priiloader to install. However, I didn't see a remove diag disc check option when I installed. Also, when I try to open priiloader app now, I get a black screen and my wii motes disconnect.

ok so I was able to get priiloader to install. However, I didn't see a remove diag disc check option when I installed. Also, when I try to open priiloader app now, I get a black screen and my wii motes disconnect.
    You should only install one,
    if you have StartPatch, you do not need priiloader just remove priiloader and select Remove Diag Disc Check - Remove Diagnostic Disc check in StartPatch
    StartPatch - WiiBrew

There is also a removal option for Priiloader app in the HBC
    Press (+/A) to install or update Priiloader.
    Press (-/Y) to remove Priiloader

if you have priiloader and not StartPatch you should
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ates-more.html
    Downoad the hacks for priiloader from herehacks_hash.zip
    - Extract the file and put the hacks_hash.ini file in the "priiloader" folder.
    SD card structure:
    SD:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini
    Now, turn on your Wii while pressing the "reset" button; priiloader should load. Select "System Menu Hacks" and enable the hacks you want.

Last edited by candylove; 08-21-2012 at 09:46 AM.

I enabled the "remove diagnostic disc check" in the preloader menu. However, I still recieve the reading disc followed by the error message in the middle of the game.

I enabled the "remove diagnostic disc check" in the preloader menu. However, I still recieve the reading disc followed by the error message in the middle of the game.
    Just Dance 3 has been known to have that issue, it works for me but I am using CFG USB Loader. And I do not use neogamma so I hope the experts help you with that.

At first I also though it was either Just Dance 3 or the iso file was corrupted. However, I did the exact same method in burning for Mario Party 9 and also had the wii freeze on me midgame with the error message "Disc could not be read".

Edit: I am using a DVD-R and setting the game to ntsc
    Double Edit: I also have both neogamma r7 and r9 (latest beta (56 i think)). I actually get past the menu screen in r7 but pretty much get the error on the loading screen in r9.
    Last edited by Wiiwantoburn; 08-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    Honestly it sounds like a disc drive issue. Do you have a flash drive you could test a game with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast