How do I back up multi-disc Game Cube games using USB Loader GX?
Hello! I've searched around a bit looking for an answer to this question but haven't had much luck, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.
I just recently set up my Wii for use with USB Loader GX, and everything's working beautifully. I've backed up my entire game collection save for one title - the Game Cube remake of Resident Evil. It's a two-disc game, and I'm entirely unable to get the ruddy thing to install.
Disc 1 installs to my USB device with absolutely no issue, but once I try to install disc 2 it says that Resident Evil is already installed. That makes sense - I've already installed the first disc, after all - but I can't find any way of installing the second disc to the system. It's most infuriating because I've seen Resident Evil and other two-disc titles like MGS: The Twin Snakes listed as compatible with Dios-Mios and USB Loader GX, so I'm a little stumped as to what to do next. Is there a particular method or technique required for multi-disc games?
Further information, if it's needed:
- I'm using a softmodded Wii (NTSC-US model, circa 2006).
- The game in question is the PAL-EU version of Resident Evil, brought with me when I moved to the US from Europe some years ago.
- I'm installing my entire Wii and Cube library to a 320GB USB drive. GCN games are moved by USB Loader GX to a 16GB SD card prior to launch.
- I've been blindly finding my way through Wii homebrew since about 2008 with varying success, but a lot of the terminology is alien to me. My apologies if I respond to replies here with "...and what does that mean?"
If you need anything else from me let me know and I'll do my best to get the relevant info.
Last edited by Deadly Robots; 08-19-2012 at 01:31 PM.
I have encountered this same problem and also would like to know what the solution is!
Originally Posted by Deadly Robots
1 User Says Thank You Hikerakashiya For This Useful Post
The only way to do it right now is to:
Originally Posted by Hikerakashiya
- Install Disc 2
- Connect the HDD to your PC and locate the game in question (ex: GQSEAF)
- Rename the folder (ex: GQSEAF2)
- Connect to Wii and Install Disc 1
There are two issues with this method
1. This only works with games that save at the end of Disc 1 (I believe Resident Evil is one of them, MGS: Twin Snakes is not)
2. You will have two games with identical names and covers in USB Loader GX (this is minor but still an annoyance)
1 User Says Thank You leburn For This Useful Post
Tags for this Thread