Thread: Help with updating my Homebrew please

Help with updating my Homebrew please

Hey Guys,
    Wasn't 110% sure where to put this, so I defaulted to a noob inquiry.
    I have a soft-modded Wii, I did my 2nd Wii myself using ModMii but this one I don't know what method the "installer" I hired used.
    I've done no updates to anything. I have issues like having to unplug my Wii frequently (it freezes sometimes when I switch from one game to another etc)
    I have my games on a 1 TB HDD and my Homebrew and WiiMC media player are prompting me to do updates..Here are the pertinent specs;
    Year 2006Version 4.1
    Wi Update 81212?
    Homebrew version 1.03 asks for 1.10 update
    IOS 249
    Neogamma R8 Beta 15

I don't know what's safe to update and I'm hesitant to do any without your advice since I didn't mod this unit, so I'm not aware of any backup being done. I have all the discs but I have no desire to reload them all or brick it. It has Priiloader in the list but I don't know if it's "active". Is there any risk at all, even a slight one to accepting the 1.10 Homebrew update, same question about WiiMC?
    If there's anything else a mod that's at least 3 years old is missing, I'd really appreciate knowing what to update and what not to do.
    Thanks Gang

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Blog Entries
    Just use the softmod any wii guide to update. Ans yes, there are risks, as with any update.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2