Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wad Manager question

Cool Wad Manager question

I completed my mod using the Super Smash Bros hack, aren't I suppose to have a Wad Manager app on my Homebrew channel? If not, can I just download it separately and put it on my SD card? I'm kinda confused as to how the process works. -Thanks guys!

From what I understand the Homebrew Channel is where you run the apps(Like a wad manager) that are on your SD card, or USB.(You can switch if you push 1 on your Wiimote) I just added MMM to mine yesterday to install some IOS updates(IOS36 and such) and it loads up from there.

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    You need to download them and put them in a folder called apps on the root of the sd or USB

Should be like this:

Sd:\apps\wadmanager\boot.dol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using WiiHacks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsnakes35 View Post
    What's MMM?
    This will answer that Question.Link-->Mutli Mod Manager Guide

I installed the MMM no problem. I am just confused as to how I can access my wads to install. I created a "Wad" folder on my HDD and placed a wad in there. When I go to Wad Manager in MMM, it only has the option to access my SD card and not my HDD. Basically, the Wad Manager only sees my SD card.

Banned
    Did you also place The MMM in apps folder on the HDD?

This is what I did to get it to show up.
    First I installed MMM in the apps folder ,Then I put the wads folder at the root of the Hdd.

Take out the sd card and launch the HBC.... MMM should pop up from the Usb device.(If not, press the 1 button on the Wiimote and select Usb and O.K.)

Now load MMM and select wad manager, Now it will ask you to choose a device.(Sd/Usb)

It's funny I couldn't find an option to select from Sd card to Usb Either.
    Last edited by Jax; 06-19-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Fixed.

I followed your steps and everything worked perfectly but when I went to wad manager I was never asked to choose SD or USB. Is there a certain option I have to go to or button I have to press?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsnakes35 View Post
    I followed your steps and everything worked perfectly but when I went to wad manager I was never asked to choose SD or USB. Is there a certain option I have to go to or button I have to press?
    No, That is exactly what I did.

After MMM loads up I Clicked On Wadmanager and because the sd card wasn't in the wii, it will ask please select a storage device.
    Move the D-pad right and you should see these option's Wii Sd Slot, Usb Storage Device,Smb share,Sd gecko A and Sd Gecko B.

Just Tested it Again to make sure.

Since you have a Sd card, you could just put it on the Sd card.
    Last edited by Jax; 06-19-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Added More

OK I see what you mean. I chose USB storage device and when I click on it its says "error mounting device:usb" Could this have something to do with the HDD or the ios?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast