Thread: USB Drive Problem

USB Drive Problem

Sooo, I'm back with more problems. I have a 500GB usb powered drive that I play all of my back ups off of. I was playing today and everything was fine. I went on my computer and removed a wbfs file from it, and replaced it with a different one (with a mod menu) and went to plug it in. When I boot CFG loader, it says
    ERROR mount USB/NTFS1 (3001)
    Cannot find partition NTFS
    So it can't find the partition that all of my games and stuff is on, about 65 gigs. I had safely removed it, and I do not understand why it all of a sudden, 15 minutes after it works, it doesn't. It's formatted as NTFS for all of the space, no logical/secondary partitions.

On a side note, I've had trouble in the past creating a WBFS partition, which would reduce alot of time I spend converting and stuff...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Banned
    Try taking the game you just put on it off,and see if that solves the problem.

Not for nothing, but having a WBFS formatted partition in 2012 is.... unnecessary. Is there a particular reason you've opted to use WBFS?

-Blu

Softmod ANY Wii
    | USB-FAT32 | Error Index | Chat!
    An Introduction To Wii Hacking - MUST READ for all new Wii Hackers
    If I have been of help to you, please click the "Thanks" icon to the left.

Its not WBFS, its NTFS. I can't get it to go to WBFS. And I took the game off, jax, and it gave me the same error. Its formatted now as NTFS1, which apparently isn't valid or readable or something. 3001 again

There's a folder in the wbfs folder, called New Folder, and it says "Cannot [insert action, ie remove, rename, etc] New Folder: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"
    Last edited by Jax; 06-13-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Merged Post.

Banned
    You can't remove it manually ,with out using the game manager?

Your other option is ,Re-Formatting the drive.
    Last edited by Jax; 06-13-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Added More Info.

This is no bueno. I'm creating a primary wbfs partition now, just to see if it'll mount that
    It actually allowed me to create another partition this time, so hopefully it will work.
    Last edited by Contraband; 06-13-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: More shtuff