Thread: Priiloader Help - Cannot use Reset

Priiloader Help - Cannot use Reset

Hey guys - long time lurker here So I am trying to breathe a little life into a beatup Wii. Disk drive is shot, so I wanted to set it up for playing via USB. Going great but one big problem.... I'm trying to get Priiloader setup but I can't boot to it. The Reset button my Wii does not work! Is there any other way I can get Priiloader to start or get get my settings in there?? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    I am pretty sure you are out of luck there.
    Fix the button.

Banned
    I believe there is an app called magic word, that goes in the app folder on your sd card .

This will let you use it from there.try downloading it from the homebrew browser.

Could not find a live link for you. Sorry.

P.s. I just checked through HBC and the magic word isn't there either.
    Last edited by Jax; 05-04-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: More Info....

I'll try looking for Magic Word, thanks! Sounds perfect for what I need, just having trouble finding a download.

I really don't want to put any more money into the system, wish I knew what was up with the Reset button. I figure worst case though, since the disc drive doesn't work there's no need to block Disk Updates. If I don't connect to WiFi it won't ask for updates there either.. so it should be set *lol* Just having Priiloader for completeness would be nice
    Last edited by wendi413; 05-04-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks for the help! I was able to find a download of MagicWord here:

magicword.zip - priiloader - MagicWord , an example app to show how to boot into priiloader 0.2 or above from a dol - Preloader MOD - Google Project Hosting

Installed and used it, worked perfect. Got it all setup.

Banned
    Thank You as well. Never know when it will come in handy.

Glad things worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by wendi413 View Post
    Thanks for the help! I was able to find a download of MagicWord here:

magicword.zip - priiloader - MagicWord , an example app to show how to boot into priiloader 0.2 or above from a dol - Preloader MOD - Google Project Hosting

Installed and used it, worked perfect. Got it all setup.
    I know this is an older post but I have the same issue. I downloaded the file and not sure how to install. Can someone help a noob?

Okay, i installed the files into a folder called Magic word in apps folder. It didn't show up on HB channel. I looked at the other apps and they all used Boot.dol, so i renamed the file called magicword.dol to boot.dol and it worked!
    Last edited by Pob3008; 01-02-2013 at 10:30 PM.