Thread: Clearing up a few questions

Clearing up a few questions

I just recently installed the wiikey 2 mod chip and currently have version 3.3u on it. The install went great and so did the update. I am not sure if I want to downgrade to 3.2 yet. My question is can I play other region games on my wii. I set the wiikey2 with my region as well. Can I play other region games on it. what about scrubbed games. Also I set the chip to "none" on the config disc. I have read the forums but I am trying not to brick my wii so I am double checking. Basically I want to know what I can do or not do with the wiikey2 chip. THanks for the advice

yes
    yes
    no

Scrubbed, brick blocked, and region frii = dont work on 3.3+

So just to clarify, with the chip set to none on the region update, I can play other region games and the chip will block all updates? Any idea why i cannot go online?--thanks for the help

YES thats what it does -.-

and idk didnt set up a wifi network on the wii?

IDk? sorry what does that mean? I tried to go to the weather and news channel and it gave me an error.

Banned

Us

you have to go into the wii settings and setup your wifi assuming that you have a wireless connection in your home

thanks guys for the help. I know some of the questions are asked over and over again, but with something like this I always cover all the basis.

Banned
    its all good man helping is part of it maybe someday you can help me ?

I figured out the problem; I recently changed my secure password for my network so I had to reconfigure the network. One more question, with 3.3 do I have to worry about nintendo updating my firmware? Will the modchip prevent that? Or what can I do to stop updates to the wii?

no and no "clicking no" xD