Thread: Disk Read Errors

Thanks

Disk Read Errors

Hey, I followed the "Softmod ANY Wii" guide accurately and installed everything just like it said and I can play backups and everything alright, but my wii wont read any of my legit games anymore. On some games, they show up in the disk channel but when I click on it and start, I get "The game disc could not be read", etc and on others, I can only get beyond the wii remote warning screen before I get an error. Any Idea on what's wrong and how to fix it? I'll post my system check

Spoiler

Thanks
    Thanked 2,686 Times in 1,971 Posts
    When was the last time you used a retail disc? Nothing in the softmod would affect game loading from the disc channel. Sounds more like a dirty or on its way out laser to me.

Sent using the WiiHacks app. Please excuse the brevity, punctation, and spelling.

Thanks
    Well a friend of mine already had it softmodded, but not to where you could play backups. After that first softmod I never had any disk read errors but a few months afterwards, that's when I started to get them but usually only after I played the game for a very long time. Then I re-softmodded it to play backups using the guide and that seemed to worsten it to where they're completely unplayable now. I was thinking that an iso somehow being incorrect or something would've caused it.
    Last edited by Phil Smith; 04-20-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks
    I'm having the exact same problem. I think it is the laser. I just went an bought a new Wii and will try to get this one fixed. Hoping for a quick fix on here but I don't think we'll get any I'm afraid.