Thread: Blackscreen, but still functions.

Question Blackscreen, but still functions.

So, I wasn't sure if this was a brick or some graphic related issue. This just happened a day or two ago when I started up my Wii (no changes were made). Starts up and after about 2-3 seconds the screen goes black. It shows the disclaimer and after the screen goes black I can still press 'A' and navigate to the main menu, hear the hand moving around on the main menu, select wii channels and they run appropriately, etc.. just no visual. I do have priiloader installed and when I hold reset on startup it loads, but the screen goes black here as well after about 2-3 seconds. Suggestions? If it is a brick, anyone want to give me step by step instructions with how many clicks to do on the priiloader screen (hahaha )?

Appreciate it!

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Sounds like hardware. Try to change cable type, composite-component. I can write out the proper button presses for you, but I really don't think it will help. Give the cables a go, if you want instructions on re-installing the menu in the dark, let me know and I will get it up.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Alrighty. I've been meaning to switch to component cables eventually anyways. I'll give that a go first and see if it works. Thanks.