Thread: HDD doesnt like black wii?

Us HDD doesnt like black wii?

Is it possible that a hdd isnt compatible with a wii. I modded a friend black wii with the softmod guide, followed the guide to a tee. Also updated my white wii using the guide. I formatted the drive to fat32 and did all the steps I did with mine. I tried usbloader, uloader and wiiflow none of those loaders worked with the black wii. The game would loaded and freeze on the game warning screen, I had to unplugged the wii to reset it. I plugged my hdd in formatted fat32 and it worked in the black wii. I take her hdd and plugged it into my white wii and it worked. I dont understand how both wiis modded the exact same way, only difference is mine older, that her hdd will not work with the black wii.

Hi Nicole i'm guessing you have run system checks on both units, You have both HDD set primary & active, You have both HDD running the same versions of USB loaders etc: If you have complete mirror setups all will be good. Are both HDD using usb 2.0, lots of things to work through.

Yes its identical file structure and everything...I dont understand how my hdd works in both system and her hdd works in mine and not hers.

did u check the hdd for the black wii against this thread?....http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...lity-list.html

I just went ahead and used wbfs format and its working, go figure?