Thread: Discs play in black and white

Discs play in black and white

I purchased Monster Hunter 3 and know that it is US region NTSC. I have the same issues as when I tried to load using the disc channel for Metroid Prime Trilogy (black and white), but when I load it through neoGamma it works fine. The same thing happens with Metroid Prime Trilogy. I put the disc in, load it up but the game is in black and white and not centred properly. It can be loaded with neogamma though.

I remember when I was originally softmodding my wii I think I might have used "regionfrii" (can't remember... as I get older the memory gets shorter) in an attempt to get my wii to play discs from any region. Could I have done something to make my wii think it's PAL and thereby not play NTSC discs properly?

I checked using Any Region Changer but it says everything is USA there and my firmware is 4.1 U. Any Region Changer is telling me that my AREA/System is not the same though...

Any ideas / tips would be appreciated. It's not the end of the world as I can play the games through neogamma but I'd like them to play properly with the disc channel if possible.

Nobody has any ideas?

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    Black and white issue are almost always region issues.... what is your wii's original region?

-----------------------
    Via DROID BIONIC using WiiHacks

It's Canadian (NTSC-U) as are the games.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    Where did you get the games from....

-----------------------
    Via DROID BIONIC using WiiHacks

From a store in Winnipeg.