dol file that takes you to system menu?
i have 4.3u and need a dol file that takes you to system menu.
does anyone have such a file to share? older threads have links to megaupload which is down and other links were dead.
Retired WiiHacks Staff
What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? Do you have a brick on your hands or something?
Yeah basically I need to gain access to sysmenu to reprog the wiimotes. I had this dol file that has worked once before but I lost it and now I need it to gain access again. I tell you what though I think I'm just gonna take off the loop just because of this reason. Oh and btw gc controller is out since its the new wii. I know someone should have this file so just asking if anyone can help. Thans in advance.
Sorry for the vague last post. I was actually on the road while texting that. Anyhow, the wii is setup with priiloader to do a loop with usbloader gx.
The forwarder.dol for usbloader gx was added in priiloader. I have it to where it runs off the ext usb hdd and yeah no gc ports so that option is out.
It was a mistake on the kids part for reprogramming the remotes to their friends wii and it was my mistake for setting it up this way for disaster.
I understand what I did so I don't want to be ridiculed for it. Instead I need to find a way in so that I can just remove the loop to avoid this in the future.
There are some options I can consider...
1. Find this dol file that I need so that I can replace it with the boot.dol file in the usbloader gx folder on my ext hdd and gain access to sysmenu to sync the wiimotes.
2. Get my way into bootmii menu where I can navigate with the buttons on my wii to restore the original nand and remod the wii again. Problem with this is the disclaimer message that tells you to press 1 to continue.
3. Gut swap to the older wii shell and solder the gc ports onto the mb. I'm not sure if this would work, but just under the assumption that the chipset and stuff related to the port are still on the mb in the new wiis.
4. Shamefully go to walmart and gut swap with theirs and return. I really don't want to do the wrong thing though, but on the other hand it would be easy as cheese for Nintendo to wipe and reload.
Either way I go I need help guys. Any help in getting access to my wii is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ok, so you've got priiloader set to boot a dol. Good. Check out TinyLoad. It's sole purpose in life is to launch a game (ORIGINAL) in the drive. So, get a game. Put it in. Whilest in the game, resynch your wiimote. Bobs your uncle, no soldering necessary.
If it works, I want a cookie.
i will try this out when i get home and post the results. thank you for your input!
Dude your the poop!!!
Someone told me to try tinyload and so I went out to download it and just try the dol and I remember seeing the red bar at the top not know what it meant.
Since then I didn't even think to look any further into it until you BluPhant have not only suggested but even explained how its used and what it will do.
I tried it out again replacing the boot.dol in the usbloader gx folder with the elf the tinyload came with and renamed it to boot.dol and booted off the sd card.
I put in super mario bros wii game disc (original), turned it on and i saw a white/grey colored bar at the bottom of the screen what appeared to be loading and then WA LA i was able to sync the wiimotes in the game.
Now that I have gained access I will be removing all the unnecessary protections and loops. Again, your the poop BluPhant and also your the poop!!! THANK YOU and to everyone else thanks for your help. COOKIE
Last edited by cjizzle; 03-22-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Reason: edited for language...lol
LMAO cjizzle. Glad it worked out for you. I'm going to chat with DacoTaco and see if there is any way to get into sysmenu w/o a controller and if not, hopefully I can persuade him to add it.
So... I have some news on this, and a simpler solution. Spoke with DacoTaco about this issue and there is simple, cool solution. This will only work if no wiimotes are active. Under this circumstance, priiloader has a fancy feature that will launch the system menu for you w/o the need for any controller.
To do this:
* Launch priiloader using reset per usual
* Once menu comes up, wait a few seconds.
* Press reset.
* Voila. System menu, regardless of what your autoboot is set to.
And this functionality has been around forever. From the changelog of priiloader .3
* Added possibility to boot System Menu if no wiimote is detected. after 15 seconds priiloader booted press reset to boot system menu
Last edited by BluPhant; 03-22-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Actually I wished my problem was that easy. I knew about this but I had amplified the problem with a password in priiloader.
Again I know I went all out on security and it was stupid, but now that I'm out so is the security. This has been quite an experience that I don't want to go through anymore haha.
I still wonder though, about the dol file that takes you to sysmenu that I use to have, about what that file really was being its so hard to find now.
Also I didn't notice until just now that my post was edited sorry haha.
Last edited by violetblue; 03-23-2012 at 02:50 AM.