Apple has finally released iOS 5.1 for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. This new updates supposedly fixes iPhone 4S battery issues, brings a redesigned camera app for iPad, and the ability to delete photos from Photo Stream among other things. See below for full changelog.
iOS 5.1 Changes:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes and issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Interesting. I have a 4g iPod but I didn't upgrade to 5.0 and jailbreak because I heard that some people were having serious battery issues. I know this update fixes battery issues for the 4s, but hopefully this will also fix battery issues in general.