Thread: Rock Band 2 NTSC update

Rock Band 2 NTSC update

Hi I bought Rock Band 2 NTSC. I have version 3.4E on my pal wii, but the game asks for an update. I think it cant be a firmware update as 3.4 is the highest I can get. Can I update the game without bricking my wii? is there a poosibility it could put 3.4U on my pal wii?

Any help would be much appreciated guys

Do not update your conosle with an out-of-region title, ever. You'll brick your machine.

Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

Thanks for the quick repsonse. I was told that it would only brick my wii if it was a system update i.e. to a new version 3.5 (which doesnt currently exist) and some threads have said this is a necessary update for the instruments. Definitely do not want to brick wii though! :-(

Just out-of-curiousity, how are you currently modded? (software? modchip?)

I know the disc can launch with an update blocker on.

Helpful Threads:

Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360

Im not really sure how to find that out. I have got it flashed but dont know what version, but dont use homebrew or any channels, Can I check somehow?

If you launch copied games from the official disc channel, then you're modchipped ... no Homebrew Channel or "Backup Launcher Gamma", right?

If so, any idea what chip? : \

Helpful Threads:

Consoles:

Oh I can can play GH:WT, super mario galaxy etc! if that helps

I am mod chipped by the sounds of it but no clue which chip bud :-( thanks for your help!!!

Well, unfortunately, this is as far as I can take ya.

There are problems with the 3.3 and 3.4 firmwares and copied discs. (check the link in my signature) I can't tell you to physically remove the update from the disc, only because the disc will no longer run on a 3.3 or 3.4 firmware machine.

If you're interested, a firmware downgrade might get you playing ... and then some. There's a link for that in my signature too. It'll get you familiar with things such as Wad Manager (self applied updates / Virtual Console / WiiWare installations) and StarFall (update blocking).

Helpful Threads:

Consoles:

Thanks for all your help really appreciate it will wait till end of the month for Pal version and just do the update :-)