Thread: Hardware issue: Strange high-pitched noise after playing for a few minutes

Thanks

Question Hardware issue: Strange high-pitched noise after playing for a few minutes

Well, this is my first post, I do apologize in advance if this is in the wrong location. I recently purchased a used Wii from GameStop, softmodded it using the mauifrogs guide (fantastic guide btw) and everything is fantastic. Only problem is, startinwhile playing a game, or watching netflix, after about 10 minutes or so there is a very high-pitched noise that fades in and out. Everything continues to function just fine, the noise just drives me and my wife a bit nuts. I'm guessing that it is a capacitor that is under load, but I have had a Wii previously and it never had this problem.

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone else has had this problem. And most importantly if I have a dud, i only have a few days left to re-virginize and take it back.

Any advice, suggestions, etc.. are greatly appreciated. If any additional detail is needed just let me know.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,686 Times in 1,971 Posts
    That is definitely not normal. Sounds like a dud Wii to me.

Thanks
    no brainer.....take it back..
    The only thing i fear is........ RUST