Thread: Memory card Slot A problem

Memory card Slot A problem

Curious, has anyone else after softmodding their Wii have a problem with GameCube memory card slot A? I can't get it to read any memory card in that slot, but in Slot B it works fine. I'm wondering if I have a defective Wii, or an error that softmodding has caused.

Having the exact same issue.
    EDIT:
    Have you been messing around with the new DIOS MIOS 2.0 or did you have this issue without touching DML and DM? I've never had a need to check my memory card slot until I installed said wads and now have this issue I wonder if this is related? I redid the wii soft mod to see if that would fix anything to no avail. I'm on 4.1U with d2x cIOS v8. I also checked the memory slot and can't find any phyiscal issues. I'm using a madcats memory card, which worked in slot B.

Regarding DM I have yet to get it to work which may be a related issue so I can't bypass the memory card issue with NMM.
    Regarding DML I can get my games to load but can't save to the memory card.
    Edit: Added more info after working on it all day.

Please Use The Edit Function.
    Last edited by Jax; 07-11-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.

I'm using DML 1.4b and memory slot A is working fine. I guess 1.5 will be also fine.

I tried 1.5 and had the same issues, I'll try 1.4b. If that doesn't work any other ideas?

Have you tried to go back to original MIOS and than check if your Slot A is operational ?
    Maybe you need to format your card to start it working again - as you read in any wii softmod guide u need to pull off any gamecube acessories from Wii during softmod. Maybe you forgot to remove memory card and now there is problem with it? (im just guessing)

I had it out when I first softmodded because I didn't even have gamecube accessories at the time. I'll try and return to the stock MIOS and see if that does it when I get home. Memory card worked fine in slot B and reads everything so I don't think formating is an issue.

Uhm - thats really interesting thing. Maybe you have broken Mem Slot A ? Have you tried with different mem card?
    I had problem with Mem card adapter - always i was puting it to Wii i was getting info that's device couldnt be recognise. After Ive bought ordinary Mem Card and everything is working now.

Yeah I checked the Mem slot to see if there was any physical damage, maybe there is and I just can't see it which would suck lol. Ill get a new mem card on the way home from work and see if that's the issue.