Thread: I think my Wii bricked my 8 gb Flash Drive, now i am scared of using an HHD

I think my Wii bricked my 8 gb Flash Drive, now i am scared of using an HHD

I was watching a movie using WiiMC, and when it got to the credits, I turned the wii off and unplugged the flash drive and put it in computer, but It wouldn't detect it, I then put the flash drive back in the wii, and it again was not detected, it doesn't work in my friends computer either. I read that you can brick the Flash drive with a PC if you don't "Safely Remove Hardware" (Which I almost never do) but the flash drive stopped working right after I removed it from the Wii, so I was thinking, Is it because I didn't "Safely Remove Hardware" on the wii?, I mean there really isn't a way to safely remove it is there? I am hoping to get an External Hard Drive for my birthday, but I am worried that it will brick.

put it back into your pc. click start and type in disk management and click on the 1st option to see if its detected there

WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisplushado View Post
    I was watching a movie using WiiMC, and when it got to the credits, I turned the wii off and unplugged the flash drive and put it in computer, but It wouldn't detect it, I then put the flash drive back in the wii, and it again was not detected, it doesn't work in my friends computer either. I read that you can brick the Flash drive with a PC if you don't "Safely Remove Hardware" (Which I almost never do) but the flash drive stopped working right after I removed it from the Wii, so I was thinking, Is it because I didn't "Safely Remove Hardware" on the wii?, I mean there really isn't a way to safely remove it is there? I am hoping to get an External Hard Drive for my birthday, but I am worried that it will brick.

I've had my drive get corrupted from one of the kids unplugging it from the wii while it was playing a game. The best thing is to shut the Wii down before taking out the drive. At least that is what I do now since I am paranoid.

If you use something like easus partition master, you should be able to reformat it. Or if that won't see it, try RMPrepUSB to repair it.

I don't see it in the list of drives in easus partition master

Look for it in device manager. You may need to reinstall the drivers.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisplushado
    I don't see it in the list of drives in easus partition master
    What OS are you running

---------------------
    Sent from my X2 using WiiHacks

XP, and I don't see it in Disk Management either

not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my SD card isn't detected in my SD adapter, but the card itself works.