07-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Last edited by beazleybub; 07-19-2011 at 08:44 AM.
07-19-2011, 09:25 AM
this guide respolve problem
Originally Posted by adnanp
it was 5 wads ok installed and 3 fail, but it work, hc instaled, usb loader instaled
07-19-2011, 03:17 PM
First of all, huge thanks to mauifrog for this guide. I thought that I followed it to the leeter and didn't see any errors, but I have one problem, I do not have the Homebrew Channel, I only have the backup HBC. Can anyone guide me as to what I might have done wrong and how to fix it?
07-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I think I have fixed it, I ran Backup HBC and it asked if I wanted to upgrade HBC, which I did. Hey presto I now have HBC and Backup HBC
Originally Posted by sastek
Last edited by sastek; 07-20-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Reason: Can't spell!
07-19-2011, 08:39 PM
What should I do to make it work in PAL countries?
Many many thanks to Mauifrog !!!!
I am planning to take my wiil to Singapore .... do I have to make any changes as Singapore is PAL, but USA is NTSC?
07-20-2011, 03:25 AM
First of all, thanks mauifrog for the excellent guide...
I modded my wii a while back and I'm uncertain of what to do... so please bare with me because I'm kind of a noob...
-- Chapter one
- part one: I go from here: "Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed" rigth?
- part two and three, I already have HBC, bootmii and a nand backup, I just do it again?
From here I just follow the guide through chapter 2 and 3... correct?
Thanks in advance.
07-20-2011, 03:58 AM
please help me out, just explaining my problem:
1) Some1 gave me a korean wii which had a region 4.1U, homebrew channel was already there and I was able to run it.
2) I soft modded the above wii with this guide and I have followed each and every instruction carefully and every step was succeeded as mentioned in the guide.
3) Now the problem is that I am not able to play backups which are in my pen drive in WBFS format, I am just getting a black screen, the CFG-USBloader is loading fine and I can even find the 4 games that are there in my pen drive when I select a game lets say new super mario bros wii(I can even listen some mario music) but then I am getting a black screen(tried all 4 games and I am getting a black screen ), please help.
4) One major point I want to mention, I have been away from the wii scene for like 1-1.5 years and I am having a feeling that the wii that I have must be on 3.3k and then moved to 4.1U(not sure though)
07-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Been reading this guide a couple of times now. Ive also studied loads of other ones here on wiihacks. The thing is im new to wii, bought one last friday and started softmodding it (not using this guide). And it works flawed. After reading around for a week i realized i need to install some cios. But Ive decided to start over using this guide. Well now i only have two questions because i think i understand most of it when it comes to softmodding. I have a black 4.3E wii and ive read that downgrading wii is not recommended. In this guide im instructed (IF i want) to install system menu 4.1 is this the same as downgrading or is it safe. And second question i have is, i know i have updated ios due to SM 4.3 but, will it hurt my wii if i use the ios pack in this guide to overwrite the existing ioses? Thanks in advance.
07-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Looks like I have another odd problem, when I try to play a genuine Wii Sports NSTC disk, Disk Channel says "unable to read disk". When I do the same in Backup Disk Channel it works fine.
Quick background, softmodded a USA 3.4u NTSC to 4.1e PAL using this guide. In priiloader I have enabled Region Free.
Last edited by sastek; 07-20-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Reason: still can't spell!
07-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Nancy the Moderator
VWA, Game Master, News Hound
Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
Disable region free hacks and try again. Refion frii hacks sometimes cause system inestability
Edit: Oops, you cant disable region free hacks because your wii is pal
Sent from my iPod touch using the WiiHacks App
Last edited by Red_Gh0st; 07-20-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Tags for this Thread