Page 982 of 1833 FirstFirst ... 482882932972980981982983984992103210821482 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,820 of 18329

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #9811
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Abns
    Hey How do I update the cios version from x4 to x6 any help please?
    The guide has d2xv6 already, if you have v4 the v6 wads are in the update spoiler at the top of the guide,
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  2. #9812
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    2 Quick QUestions

    Hey, I have confusion about something in the guide for 4.3u : First, it says to prepare SD Card in Step 2...I thought you already had to have SD card prepared to do step 1 ??? Next, I don't understand the statement, "boot2 may not be available, IOS installs automatically" Thanks.

  3. #9813
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by chocoholic View Post
    Hey, I have confusion about something in the guide for 4.3u : First, it says to prepare SD Card in Step 2...I thought you already had to have SD card prepared to do step 1 ??? Next, I don't understand the statement, "boot2 may not be available, IOS installs automatically" Thanks.
    "Prepair SD card" is an option in the hackmii installer under bootmii, it creates the sd:\bootmii folder so you can use bootmii to make your nand backup. Bootmii ios is installed automatically when you load hackmii, boot2 bootmii is only available on older wiis and should always be installed if possible.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  5. #9814
    New Member threestripebrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just curious if there's any chance of reclaiming hbc if it was once installed. I installed it once before on my daughters wii with the option of playing dvd's etc. i don't exactly remember what other mods i installed with it. today she told me she has out grown her wii so i said i would gladly take it back to too around with only to find out she excepted the 4.3u update. anyway of getting the softmod back with out any of the lego or ssbb games?

    thanks TSB

  6. #9815
    Banned nccustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
    After reading everything i know so far once you Installed Priiloader/boot2 and then you backed up your Wii and you by anychance update it you should be able to repair it back to that stat....... am i right guys? that is if it still reads the priiloader when you hole ther reset button in?

  7. #9816
    New Member threestripebrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i cant say for sure that i backed it up. what would be the process to see if it still reads the priiloader/boot2? also what part in nc are you? I'm 45 min west of charlotte.

  8. #9817
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Gamecube Backups no longer possible ???

    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    "Prepair SD card" is an option in the hackmii installer under bootmii, it creates the sd:\bootmii folder so you can use bootmii to make your nand backup. Bootmii ios is installed automatically when you load hackmii, boot2 bootmii is only available on older wiis and should always be installed if possible.
    Thanks so much for the help with this. One problem though, since the 4.3u guide says you can't use burnt disc backups, I guess I won't be able to backup Gamecube games, is that right. Will I at least still be able to play the original game discs or will the mod disable the wii's gamecube mod capability (sorry if that is a dumb question but I don't know much about these mods). Oh, and am I correct in thinking I can use a USB thumbdrive instead of an external harddrive, because I don't want to buy one right now since I spent all my money on the wii.

  9. #9818
    Banned nccustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
    same here I live in Bessemer City first to see if priilaoder is still installed you can hold the reset button for a few seconds and after hitting the power button it should take you into the priiloader settings.... and if you done the soft mod with mauifrogsSoftmod ANY Wii v3 then you should also have a backup of your NAND and have boot2 installed....

    Quote Originally Posted by chocoholic View Post
    Thanks so much for the help with this. One problem though, since the 4.3u guide says you can't use burnt disc backups, I guess I won't be able to backup Gamecube games, is that right. Will I at least still be able to play the original game discs or will the mod disable the wii's gamecube mod capability (sorry if that is a dumb question but I don't know much about these mods). Oh, and am I correct in thinking I can use a USB thumbdrive instead of an external harddrive, because I don't want to buy one right now since I spent all my money on the wii.
    After doing the soft mod you should still be able to play the originals like you never done anything with it.... Aslo you can use DVD-R depending on if your drive is a blackdrive or not... The newer Wiis however don't support the DVD-R like the older Wiis do.. You can however do like most people and get you a passport harddrive and back your games up on there...
    Last edited by narse1979; 07-16-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button - It is your friend ;-)

  10. #9819
    New Member threestripebrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well nothing happened except the warning screen as usual when starting up the wii. i was really wanting to get this back to a modded state tonight so i could tool around with it but i don't have any of the listed games. wow you're not to far from me, I'm in boiling springs right next to gardner webb.

  11. #9820
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nccustom View Post
    After doing the soft mod you should still be able to play the originals like you never done anything with it.... Aslo you can use DVD-R depending on if your drive is a blackdrive or not... The newer Wiis however don't support the DVD-R like the older Wiis do.. You can however do like most people and get you a passport harddrive and back your games up on there...
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand...black drive? My wii is from black mariocart bundle if that's what you mean (but I don't think that's what you are refering to) My understanding is that 4.3u models can't play any dvd-r disc (gamecube or wii) and that usb backups don't work for gamecube games. This is not a big deal for me, since you say I can use the original discs, but sometimes discs get scratch by accident, and also it would be more comvient to have all my Gamecube games (about 10) on one drive. Thanks so much.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •