Page 976 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 476876926966974975976977978986102610761476 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,760 of 17907

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #9751
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hey mauifrog, I think I did something wrong somewhere....I created my Multi ISO properly, made sure that both games worked on multi discs on the gbatemp Gamecube Backup Launcher Compatibility page, burned with brand new Verbatim Discs, left my computer alone as it burned at 4x.
    I am running 4.1 U with a rather old wii (capable of boot2 Bootmii) so I know that it can read DVDs.
    Although it was successful at fooling the System Menu/Disc Channel into believing it was a retail Gamecube game. Immediately after clicking on the Disc Channel, The screen turned blue and the wii restarted. Neogamma did essentially the same, but it stalled on a grey screen for awhile so I thought it was working, but then back to blue and reboot. /:
    Can you think of any other reason why it might not have worked? /:

    Oh, and here is a syscheck can someone verify that I didnt muff it up please?

    Spoiler

    Last edited by katachristic; 07-11-2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Add syscheck

  2. #9752
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you.

  3. #9753
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katachristic View Post
    Hey mauifrog, I think I did something wrong somewhere....I created my Multi ISO properly, made sure that both games worked on multi discs on the gbatemp Gamecube Backup Launcher Compatibility page, burned with brand new Verbatim Discs, left my computer alone as it burned at 4x.
    I am running 4.1 U with a rather old wii (capable of boot2 Bootmii) so I know that it can read DVDs.
    Although it was successful at fooling the System Menu/Disc Channel into believing it was a retail Gamecube game. Immediately after clicking on the Disc Channel, The screen turned blue and the wii restarted. Neogamma did essentially the same, but it stalled on a grey screen for awhile so I thought it was working, but then back to blue and reboot. /:
    Can you think of any other reason why it might not have worked? /:
    Someone should have told you long ago, this is the wrong topic for this, also, this forum does not support piracy at all, so, you may have to go elsewhere for these answers.

  4. #9754
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles David Brown View Post
    Someone should have told you long ago, this is the wrong topic for this, also, this forum does not support piracy at all, so, you may have to go elsewhere for these answers.
    I am not pirating. I have idiot brothers who have broken a number of my games. And if you had read my previous post to mauifrog, you would have seen that I told him about how I backed up all my games using Clean Rip (which requires original discs) and you would also see that he answered my question. If anyone here is going to tell me that I am posting in the wrong area, then leave it to someone with the power to moderate me, or better yet, mauifrog since its his thread. Now if you'll kindly leave me be and stop calling me a THIEF, I can get back to my modding and you can go look at other sites without contributing somewhere else.
    Last edited by bmarlo; 07-11-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Removed slightly insulting word!

  5. #9755
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,944
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    @Katachristic! Charles David Brown is right, but yes he should've looked at your previous post!
    Seeing as Maui did respond to your post I'm happy to leave it be.
    And let's calm it down you two! First and last warning!



  6. #9756
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    sorry bmarlo...guess i would have been better explaining why it DOES belong here rather than going off. /:
    @charles, the way i figure, this USUALLY would go under the gamecube loader thread, but since i followed mauifrog's tutorial and since im using the loader that HE provided, they wouldnt really be able to provide me with the help over in the other thread because then i would need to install the IOS, MIOS, cMIOS, etc, that they suggest, thereby undoing the whole point of the mauifrog mod that i just did. (for anyone who missed it, the whole point was the universality of it, i.e. your mod should look like his, so he is better equipped to help).
    anyways, sorry charles.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You katachristic For This Useful Post


  8. #9757
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    softod Mario Kart wii 4.3u

    Hello All,

    I am New to this forum. I am from India...where we do not find much of Nintendo Wii's presence. I had purchased 4.3u wii with Mario Kart game from Bangkok for my brother. Problem is i am unable to softmod it with the mauifrog's guide. I do not have any other games (like Indiana Jones ...mentioned in the Hack any wii guide) to soft mod it. Is there any other way to softmod it with Mario Kart game.

    Thanks in Advance. Your help in this regard will be very much appreciated.
    Cheers.

  9. #9758
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Sorry, no dice. If you're Wii is 4.3, you must have one of the eligible games listed above.

  10. #9759
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katachristic View Post
    Sorry, no dice. If you're Wii is 4.3, you must have one of the eligible games listed above.
    Is it worth enough to hardmod??

  11. #9760
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If you have that kind of money readily available....you would be much better off obtaining a game for Indiana PWNS...
    If you do have money and you end up doing the hard mod, then I believe that the WODE (Wii Optical Drive Emulator) is still the best hardmod out. Don't take my word on hardmods though, go research some more like in the forums. Also, while you're at it, please go introduce yourself and read the forum rules in the newbie sections. Technically you are supposed to research before you go to ask questions so why not take a look through the hardmod forums here at wiihacks? They probably have the answers you need. They certainly arent here because the title even reads "Softmod Any Wii." :P

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •