Page 923 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 42382387391392192292392492593397310231423 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,230 of 17909

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #9221
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,818
    Thanks
    882
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by playgroundtwister View Post
    Was trying to launch bootmii but keeps getting black screen with the dvd slot blinking. Is this bad?
    Do u have the bootmii folder on the sd card?

  2. 1 User Says Thank You Pob3008 For This Useful Post


  3. #9222
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pob3008 View Post
    Do u have the bootmii folder on the sd card?
    Me slaps my forehead. Did I mention my middle name in noobie? My bad.

  4. #9223
    New Member Keith1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm trying to backup my NAND on a 4.3E, I have HBC 0.8 installed?

    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post

    Load HBC, press -HOME-, launch Bootmii
    Make a nand backup
    Press Power, Power, Power, Reset, Reset (or use gc-controller)
    Power = Right, Eject = Left, Reset = Select
    Once the backup is complete, exit bootmii to HBC
    Backup your Bootmii files to your PC
    sd:\bootmii
    sd:\nand.bin
    sd:\key.bin
    I'm assuming this means press the power button (left-hand on mine) 3 times then the Reset button next to the Power button 2 times?

    I've tried the sequence of button as described above but I can't get the BootMii icons to show.

  5. #9224
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith1956 View Post
    I'm trying to backup my NAND on a 4.3E, I have HBC 0.8 installed?



    I'm assuming this means press the power button (left-hand on mine) 3 times then the Reset button next to the Power button 2 times?

    I've tried the sequence of button as described above but I can't get the BootMii icons to show.
    Yes using the buttons on the front of the wii. If the buttons dont work then you will have to use a GC controller.

    Does the bootmii menu show up at all?


  6. #9225
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If everything is working for you, you don't need to update anything. Your ios on 4.1 are probably outdated, but you will almost never use them so it is not an issue. The cios in the guide are d2x4, which is now at stable d2x6. I will update the guide to d2x6 very soon, so if you like you can update cios 247-250 to d2xv6, there is a link to the wads a few posts back. Updating will probably not benefit most, but that is the update.
    Hi Mauifrog, I followed this original excellent guide you created to softmod my wii and update to the cios specified (d2x4). When you update this guide to installing the d2x6 versions, would you also mind writing a section that explains how those of us who followed your original version can update to the new cios versions? I'm guessing we have to use the wad manager, but am not sure from there. I'm sure lots of us would like to update, yet don't want to break what we already have working well and another excellent guide from you would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much.

  7. #9226
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjess007 View Post
    Hi Mauifrog, I followed this original excellent guide you created to softmod my wii and update to the cios specified (d2x4). When you update this guide to installing the d2x6 versions, would you also mind writing a section that explains how those of us who followed your original version can update to the new cios versions? I'm guessing we have to use the wad manager, but am not sure from there. I'm sure lots of us would like to update, yet don't want to break what we already have working well and another excellent guide from you would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much.
    How did you install all the other cios' when you first modded. I think you have already answered your own question.


  8. #9227
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    some would say fish, others say noob.

    So all this information is correct? i noticed it was posted 2 years ago, and i just bought a brand new wii. the methods described are with my new console?

  9. #9228
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,818
    Thanks
    882
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    The guide was first posted 2 years ago but updated many times to present.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You Pob3008 For This Useful Post


  11. #9229
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,064
    Thanks
    827
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewsterkao View Post
    So all this information is correct? i noticed it was posted 2 years ago, and i just bought a brand new wii. the methods described are with my new console?
    This guide is updated regularly by the author. Maui takes great pride in having his guide up to date and superior to other guides.

    Last edited by mauifrog; 05-28-2011 at 02:19 AM.

  12. 1 User Says Thank You skellinator For This Useful Post


  13. #9230
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    awsome thanks. i will refer back to this thread if i encounter any issues.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •